• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Thread closed! Thanks for the donations and helping out!

78 posts in this topic

SHOWCASE #63 8.5 OW - INCREDIBLE HULK PARODY

$75 SHIPPED (USA only) with all proceeds going to Ken

E. Nelson Bridwell story. Joe Orlando / Mike Esposito art.

Joe Orlando cover.

SC63c_zpsnkgkxmn5.jpg

SC63b_zpsluzxa7k0.jpg

:takeit:

I don’t think Sean meant to be mean with his comment, but it’s worded in a dry way and just states something obvious – above all as Bob has said it’s not an "injection of cash" one might need in such a moment (although when material help is needed, it becomes the most urgent).

One can’t have a proper measure of how much trial is burdening a person, so while Shiverbones might have miscalculated his possibilities when he set up the cards sale, what one is confronted with immediately now it’s his sorrowful situation.

I’m pretty much tapped out at the moment, so if it’s doable I can send just a small cash donation, but anyway Andrew let me know how this goes. (thumbs u

I really do not want to be the one collecting the cash and sending it to Matt but I will if need be. Does anyone know Matt's current Paypal address so money can be sent to it?

I really do not want to be the one collecting the cash and sending it to Matt but I will if need be. Does anyone know Matt's current Paypal address so money can be sent to it?

If money is being sent directly to a PP address you can't access, how does the book donor know that the money has been sent and they should ship the books to the buyer? Not trying to impugn the integrity of anyone who has posted here, but usually donations in a charity thread are a bit more centralized.

If money is being sent directly to a PP address you can't access, how does the book donor know that the money has been sent and they should ship the books to the buyer? Not trying to impugn the integrity of anyone who has posted here, but usually donations in a charity thread are a bit more centralized.

Good point - never done a charity thread before so I guess I didn't know what questions to ask before setting it up. I'll send out PMs to everyone who has bought and sold books so far and all money will go to me. I'll send a final amount to Matt when the thread closes up this weekend. Sorry for the confusion.

Here are the books that have been purchased so far:

MxWll Smrt - Vampirella 3 for $40 from 1Cool

1Cool - Marvel Tales 142 for $50 from Mxwell Smrt

Wally's Comics - Detective Comics 27 for $50 from Peter in Portugal

Shadroch - TTA & Thors for $50 from AlComics

Beaumonts - Blazing Combat 2 for $85 from Lizards2

Lizards2 - Showcase 63 CGC 8.5 for $75 from Boba

I'll send out PMs to the buys and sellers to coordinate everything.

Books still available:

X-MEN # 94 - CGC 9.2 SA - APPARENT RESTORED - OWTWP - $600 with half going to Matt

Fantastic Four #45. It WAS CGC graded 9.0 (Old Label). Asking $2000 for it. I would like to put $1600 in my pocket, and whatever is left after fees and shipping will be donated to the cause

xmen 101 cgc ss 9.6 signed by lee and claremont for $1500 firm. If someone buys it, i will donate $100 to the guy's cause.

Matthew did a limited print for the CGC boards back in 2008. Signed and sketched on the back. This is number 27 of 40. $50 for print

SHOWCASE #63 8.5 OW - INCREDIBLE HULK PARODY

$75 SHIPPED (USA only) with all proceeds going to Ken

E. Nelson Bridwell story. Joe Orlando / Mike Esposito art.

Joe Orlando cover.

:takeit:

Thanks Liz2. 1cool, when you get the payment thing sorted out let me know. (thumbs u

My wife and I met Matt only once years ago at a CGC Message Board member dinner, and we immediately liked him. Nice fellow - too bad circumstances have not been ideal for him. So many folks here love his work. He deserves any help we can give him when he's down.

I love Matthew and I love his artwork.

I'm in !

X-MEN # 94 - CGC 9.2 SA - APPARENT RESTORED - OWTWP

$600 with half going to Matt.

I will cover USA shipping on this... outside the USA is on the buyer though ;)

GPA states that a trimmed SA copy went for over $730 in Aug 2014. This one has just a small amount of color touch. A steal if you ask me :D

x94001_zpstngvhfb3.jpg

Just got in from a nice long day at work and read this thread and the General Discussions thread concerning Matt's plight.

I'm pulling my donation from this thread... not because I don't want to help Matt. No, I will be sending Matt money directly to his paypal account.

This was a CHARITY THREAD... not a "pay off an angry boardie" thread. I would hope and literally pray that Matt uses this money to get his life in order. That means to secure housing, keep the lights on and stock the fridge.

I will be damned if my donation goes to refund boardies who have been told if they were patient, they would get their orders. I want my money to go to getting caught up on a car payment or two... or something IMPORTANT. Charity can't be dictated... it's fricking charity!

I, like many of you, have followed Matt over the last 5 years. We saw his pictures of him and how happy he was when he was getting married. We saw his Herculean efforts in the Original Art Cover Recreation thread. He kept everyone up to date with being behind and when his marriage crumbled. He apologized repeatedly and is struggling to catch up. We followed him through all this... and right now, when he's actually getting a foothold and getting orders out... people refuse to help him and others hinder a charity thread to assist him.

Unbelievable :facepalm:

After reading the conversation in the General Discussion thread, and much consideration, I too am withdrawing my book.

With the possibility of the donation going to pay off Boardies who have been wronged instead of food and shelter, I feel that those funds could be better spent somewhere else.

1Cool's heart is in the right place - So Kudo's to you :applause:

I hope Matt gets everything straightened out. :wishluck:

I really respect the cordial conversation. I, however, will continue to leave my book for sale and this is why. Debt is debt. Whether it's in the form of refunds or in paying the bill. Regardless, he will get my $100 and do what he sees best with it.

I'm not doing this and attaching stipulations to the money. If he wants to go buy beer, then it's his to decide. I have faith that the money will go to what he deems most important and that's good enough for me.

I have the one that I used to pp him funds when I bought things from his thread, if that helps, I'll pm it.

It should work, because he's selling on eBay.

Ouch!

He's selling to buy food.

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Main=376633&Number=8795441#Post8795441

Please don't read anything into what I said other than the PP address should work.

I also don't see where 1cool, who is a good soul, is sending money to people other than Matt?

His concern was just to get a good PP address, I've sent Matt money recently to that account (in July) and he verified receiving it, so it should be good.

Just got back into to town from helping a friend move and am catching up on all of this.

As Sean pointed out early on, I do owe boardies art for some time, and the truth is the lack of funds has hindered my ability to get the work done.

When things started to fall apart I was able to slowly get work done that I owed people while creating new art to keep myself afloat each month. As things got ever worse, all owed work got put aside to focus on getting work done to pay that months bills, which then spiraled into an ever deepening gap of work owed while trying to get by each month. This is not even touching on the emotional aspects needed to be creative and do work that is worth looking at.

In a state of constantly being behind financially, I can get caught up, then a simple blow like my printer needing repairs to finish orders sets me back even further as I have to focus on other ways to raise the money to pay for the repairs to fulfill the obligations.

There have been numerous setbacks I won't go into, but each one is a blow that has taken weeks to recover from. I am also trying to catch up on other orders not related to the boards, some of which have had deadlines that could not be moved, so they had to take precedence.

I know many people are frustrated at the time it is taking, but I will always honor what I owe people, and will do so as quickly as I can. I understand the frustration, and with the lack of a steady place to live and general stress my communication has not been up to par. I am working on righting this and catching up on what I owe people. It takes time and money, but it will be taken care of.

Thank you for the thread offering to help, everything does help, and will enable me to get my obligations taken care of faster.