• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Chris Wozniak inks over Lightbox

26 posts in this topic

Still insists on NOT using 'lightbox' in his description, where it needs to be.  Uses 'Frank Miller' prominently  in the auction title, though Frank never touched it.  

Still misleading.  He shouldn't be allowed to get away with 'supposedly' not understanding the objections.  It isn't the work, it's the description.

2 hours ago, Bill C said:

I don't know if the seller is the actual artist or not, but it is clear that whoever the seller is, they come off (at least to me) as very deceitful.

They know enough about art/buyers/demand/pricing to know to tell people the art isn't bluelines- which implies that the art has pencils underneath, when it does not. So the seller seems to know that inks only will severely devalue the page- but they don't make it clear at all.

You are right. I messaged them to suggest that they should include the info in their listing - but they wont.  Not to be trusted in my opinion.

4 hours ago, Panelfan1 said:

Another one. Frank miller.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/DAREDEVIL-AND-BLACK-WIDOW-PIN-UP-Frank-Miller-Chris-Wozniak-Original-Art-/253170836485?hash=item3af2286405:g:-r4AAOSwak5Zxq-e

Seller sent me this response when I asked about lightbox art?

This was Inked on a lightbox which is one of several traditional methods for making comic art. The pencil art is taped under a clean board an the Inker works on that. But even if Miller's pencils were on the top page they would have to be removed in order to finish inking it. You would still only be left with the inker's lines on the page so the end result is the same. Hope that helps.

Wow! So he's saying that there's no physical difference between owning the piece that Miller actually penciled and worked on and had in his hands and created the underlying drawing to, and a light boxed version?

The end result is owning "the inkers" lines means the physically penciled art board and the light boxed one are the same? That's the first time I've ever heard anyone so bold as to claim something like that. 

6 hours ago, Panelfan1 said:

Apparently sold.  Asking price was $550.

Hope the new owner is happy with it.

Edited by thethedew