• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGM Batman 635

19 posts in this topic

It looks like it's a solid 9.6/9.8. I don't see anything wrong with it except for the small/tiny corner bump on the bottom right corner of the back cover.

Look closer,young Jedi....

9.6 probably... maybe 9.4? I see a series of 4-5 cover nicks on the back cover border, opposite spine side. Or are those white spots in the print?

I pulled up another copy on ebay to see if the "nicks" you pointed out were part of the back cover print or not.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Batman-1940-635-NM-Return-of-Jason-Todd-First-Appearance-as-Red-Hood-/111755729090?hash=item1a052918c2

The back cover on this linked copy has no such nicks/white marks.The "nicks" are in fact "nicks"....or very minute abrasions .I count 4 of them.

There is a fifth one an inch or so below the other...a 1/4" away from the edge but it is only a very minor bit of color flecking so the fifth one is negligible, overall.

Then there is the bottom left corner bump that UncannyXForce pointed out.This is clearly not a bindery tear so it wouldn't get a pass as a production defect.

You both missed 2 faint spine tics....one slightly below the DC logo (under the registered copyright insignia)....one a bit further downward, just above the top staple.These both slightly break color.They are not deep/transverse spine tics, but they still have to be accounted for.

Then there is a bit of color flecking (abrasion) just above the lower staple.It is more prominent on the BC than the front, due to the black inks of the BC but if you look closely at the bottom staple

It's a sharp book, but it is no higher than 9.4.

Not knocking Divad, but this book is off from a 9.8.

It looks like it's a solid 9.6/9.8. I don't see anything wrong with it except for the small/tiny corner bump on the bottom right corner of the back cover.

Look closer,young Jedi....

9.6 probably... maybe 9.4? I see a series of 4-5 cover nicks on the back cover border, opposite spine side. Or are those white spots in the print?

I pulled up another copy on ebay to see if the "nicks" you pointed out were part of the back cover print or not.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Batman-1940-635-NM-Return-of-Jason-Todd-First-Appearance-as-Red-Hood-/111755729090?hash=item1a052918c2

The back cover on this linked copy has no such nicks/white marks.The "nicks" are in fact "nicks"....or very minute abrasions .I count 4 of them.

There is a fifth one an inch or so below the other...a 1/4" away from the edge but it is only a very minor bit of color flecking so the fifth one is negligible, overall.

Then there is the bottom left corner bump that UncannyXForce pointed out.This is clearly not a bindery tear so it wouldn't get a pass as a production defect.

You both missed 2 faint spine tics....one slightly below the DC logo (under the registered copyright insignia)....one a bit further downward, just above the top staple.These both slightly break color.They are not deep/transverse spine tics, but they still have to be accounted for.

Then there is a bit of color flecking (abrasion) just above the lower staple.It is more prominent on the BC than the front, due to the black inks of the BC but if you look closely at the bottom staple

It's a sharp book, but it is no higher than 9.4.

Not knocking Divad, but this book is off from a 9.8.

I don't know man, I just looked at the book you linked and the back cover when you zoom has the same thing, then I looked at the copy I just bought and the scan features the same thing.

Then I finally looked at a photo of the book and while the lower white marks weren't visible in the picture, the uppermost one which is pretty much parallel with the end of the small sideways text was there.

I'm betting it's printing on the cover, but when the book actually arrives tomorrow, I'll be able to know for sure.