• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Brainstorm Comics - Cancer Treatment Charity Thread (CLOSED - PM me to Donate)

30 posts in this topic

As I mentioned in my Comics General post, Brainstorm Comics is my local comic shop in the Wicker Park neighborhood of Chicago. Recently, the sole owner/operator of Brainstorm, Sean, was diagnosed with a type of cancer called Liposarcoma. The outlook is positive however his medical bills have been mounting. His treatment is going to include 25 weeks of radiation and chemotherapy plus at least one surgery.

Sean has owned Brainstorm for the past 2 years. Prior to that, he worked at Graham Cracker Comics.

All funds raised in this thread will go directly to Sean to help with his medical bills.

Please post anything you wish to donate directly in this thread. Items should be comics, or comic related.

Kindly specify if shipping is included. If it's not included out of your Country, please specify costs to other places, or that it's US or Canada or wherever, only.

All payments will go directly to Sean and will be paid by the buyer directly into his Paypal Account. If you can, personal payments are encouraged. This is a helping a friend thread, so those payments have always qualified. I've called Paypal to confirm that this is ok in this instance.

If you prefer using the regular method of course that's fine, too.

I will send invoices to everyone who makes a purchase and I will give you Sean's PP in the invoice. Buyers, after paying, I will ask that you forward me the payment confirmation so I can then alert the seller that it's ok to ship.

Donors of items, please remember to mail the item promptly and to include tracking. Please then post a tracking number for each item in the group PM.

If anyone wants to make a cash donation, feel free to message me for Sean's PP address. If you prefer to make a cash donation without PMing me you can also donate through Sean's GiveForward page (there is an 8% processing fee with that method).

If you have something that you wish to donate, but can only afford or wish to only donate a percentage, please state the specifics. If no percentage is listed, it will be assumed that 100% is going to Sean.

Thanks!

Josh

Sean's GiveForward page

https://www.giveforward.com/fundraiser/2lf9/sean-s-kick-the-heck-out-of-mystery-lump-fund

(NOTE - you can also PM me for his paypal address and send money directly)

My Comics General Post

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=8811529#Post8811529

My Donation:

Superman 11 CGC 3.0 - Restoration includes small amount of glue on spine of cover (no idea why this one didn't get a blue label)

$500 $400 SOLD (100% to Sean - I will cover shipping up to $50)

4FEBF159-D31D-454E-84CA-25DB67598030_zpsp4ad8key.jpg

More pictures in spoilers

606787D5-0429-4F87-A249-2241C8AEF617_zpsg63fngmv.jpg

D8AEF89B-A75B-4B7E-B638-29AA6FCEE930_zpsawlq9nyj.jpg

Let's try this again... hopefully any "non charity" comments can stay in General Discussion this time.

X-MEN # 94 - CGC 9.2 SA - APPARENT RESTORED - OWTWP

$600

.... with half ($300) going DIRECTLY to BRAINSTORM and the other half ($300) going DIRECTLY to SHIVERBONES..

I will cover USA shipping on this... outside the USA is on the buyer though ;)

GPA states that a trimmed SA copy went for over $730 in Aug 2014. This one has just a small amount of color touch. A steal if you ask me :D

x94001_zpstngvhfb3.jpg

Thanks Josh, for doing this!

Cancer is a horrible disease and 25 weeks of treatment is devastating. I'm glad there is a treatment, though.

Maybe this will help. I bought it at Wizard at least 10 years ago. It's never been displayed, package is sealed. I didn't want to open it. The package is a little over 11x 14, so figure it's 11 x 14. . Perhaps with the new Star Wars Movie coming up, it will be a timely gift for someone on your list, or for a child's room.

Ewoks:) A hand painted cell. Shipped Priority anywhere in the US for $40.00. (It's marked $69 I have no clue what I paid)

Out of the US, I'll pay the first $10 of shipping.

20150827_074504.jpg

20150827_074512.jpg

20150827_074454.jpg

My Donation:

Superman 11 CGC 3.0 - Restoration includes small amount of glue on spine of cover (no idea why this one didn't get a blue label)

$500 $400 (100% to Sean - I will cover shipping up to $50)

Will take it

My Donation:

$500 $400 (100% to Sean - I will cover shipping up to $50)

Will take it

WINNER

Does Sean have a Paypal address where people can send funds directly?

If so you might want to make that available to people (via PM to prevent spambots getting the email address).

Personally, I'd rather send the money directly to him rather than through a site that takes a percentage.

Does Sean have a Paypal address where people can send funds directly?

If so you might want to make that available to people (via PM to prevent spambots getting the email address).

Personally, I'd rather send the money directly to him rather than through a site that takes a percentage.

Yes!

Anyone who wants to make a paypal donation can PM me for the email address.

I also listed the giveforward page in case someone wanted to give money without PMing me.