• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PLOD dilemma

34 posts in this topic

Your probably right but he will not remember 8 years ago obviously. Its just seem a little coincidental that the only 2 books i bought from him were restored and I actually had pieces filled in on one of the books. For someone who is on the overstreet board i would think that they would have caught that. I guess I'm just pissed off and venting. I realize I have no recourse. My POLD-ed books just reminds me of why I stopped collection in the first place, too many slimy dealers. All I can say is thank God for CGC!

OA is not graded. I guess it can be,...but no one really cares. Grade is unimportant to most collectors. Most collector's are more concerned the piece look aesthetically appealing. As such, restoration is not frowned upon if it raises the eye appeal and is not so extreme as to 'recreate the piece' (for example,..re-inking is a no-no but mounting a piece for preservation purposes is OK).

802001037o.jpg

Some common abbreviations:

QP - Quality of Production

PQ - Page Quality

NDP - Non-Disassembly Pressing or Non-Disclosed Pressing

BSD - Big Swinging D*[#@$%!!!] (a big $$$ hobbyist)

FDQ - Forum Drama Queen

PLOD - Purple Label of Death (Restored Book)

GLOD - Green Label of Death (Qualified Book)

SCS / SSS - Shaken Comic Syndrome / Shaken Slab Syndrome

LCS - Local Comic Shop

SS - Signature Series

TWAIM - The Wheels Are in Motion

TAT - Turnaround Time

GFY - Go Fist Yourself