• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Wizard World Columbus or Cincinnati Comic Expo?

5 posts in this topic

WW Columbus is one of the worst "big" shows I have ever been to in my life. Ever since WW bought it, they have pretty much destroyed it. Most of the dealers have dropped out due to the rising costs of tables and the buying is pretty much awful. I would say it is an easy skip. I still don't/can't understand why Wizard doesn't do scaled table costs. Example: WW Chicago is a 4 day show that probably brings in 50k+ people and the costs to set up are the same as a WW Columbus show that probably brings in 10k people for a 3 day show. It doesn't make sense on any level and that is why the dealers keep dropping out.

WW Columbus is one of the worst "big" shows I have ever been to in my life. Ever since WW bought it, they have pretty much destroyed it. Most of the dealers have dropped out due to the rising costs of tables and the buying is pretty much awful. I would say it is an easy skip. I still don't/can't understand why Wizard doesn't do scaled table costs. Example: WW Chicago is a 4 day show that probably brings in 50k+ people and the costs to set up are the same as a WW Columbus show that probably brings in 10k people for a 3 day show. It doesn't make sense on any level and that is why the dealers keep dropping out.

I understand what you are saying. Although, chicago is more expensive than columbus but not enough to justify the costs. I will say Columbus was fantastic last year as a dealer. At least for me.