• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Our Flag Comics #5

11 posts in this topic

Crazy action in the last 30 seconds on this one. :o

$_57.JPG

US $3,639.89

US $3,589.89

US $2,659.00

US $2,381.00

US $2,111.00

US $1,777.00

I wasn't even aware this was a HOT title. :whatev:

The stories in the ACE books are of very varied quality.

I seem to recall Our Flag #5 is the hardest one to find of the series (and the last one IIRC). Probably that cover helps, for collectors looking for covers (not that I like it).

I have just a few Four Favorites with the Unknown Soldier stories: a few are remarkable. (thumbs u

I think it was still strong for an obscure superhero title in that grade. The book is HOT! The CLink copy was slabbed, so that may have accounted for the slightly lower hammer. Though Dave is a trusted seller.

The cover is what's driving this. No first appearance, no death, no wedding, no villain or hero. Kind of like another book that grabbed all the headlines yesterday. I'm gonna go out on a limb and say in time I think this book could make it to the company of Suspense 3 and Fantastic 3. In time.

....(please congregate with all torches and pitchforks at my neighbors door) :fear:

I think it was still strong for an obscure superhero title in that grade. The book is HOT! The CLink copy was slabbed, so that may have accounted for the slightly lower hammer. Though Dave is a trusted seller.

The cover is what's driving this. No first appearance, no death, no wedding, no villain or hero. Kind of like another book that grabbed all the headlines yesterday. I'm gonna go out on a limb and say in time I think this book could make it to the company of Suspense 3 and Fantastic 3. In time.

....(please congregate with all torches and pitchforks at my neighbors door) :fear:

Rare books and classic covers are on fire right now so i can see your vision with this one!

I was very happy to see Dave and Tyler command a decent price for this rarity. This was an original owner copy which just adds to the mystique. I agree I think this a super classic cover. it really has everything going for it and combines that hero/horror element that is just fantastic. I would love to see it reach Fantastic/Suspense 3 levels but with it hardly turning hands in the market I don't think it will happen. Plus it wasn't drawn by the great Schommy or Fine. I am keeping my fingers crossed though!!

BTW Im not biased or anything :grin:

Too some of our more knowledgeable funny book historians what do you guys/gals think the rarity of this issue is when stacked up against say a Suspense or Fantastic 3? I would be interested in hearing this

I was very happy to see Dave and Tyler command a decent price for this rarity. This was an original owner copy which just adds to the mystique. I agree I think this a super classic cover. it really has everything going for it and combines that hero/horror element that is just fantastic. I would love to see it reach Fantastic/Suspense 3 levels but with it hardly turning hands in the market I don't think it will happen. Plus it wasn't drawn by the great Schommy or Fine. I am keeping my fingers crossed though!!

BTW Im not biased or anything :grin:

Too some of our more knowledgeable funny book historians what do you guys/gals think the rarity of this issue is when stacked up against say a Suspense or Fantastic 3? I would be interested in hearing this

There have been 20 years of high prices and high demand for F3 and S3 so those books will seem more common even if their population was the same as for OF3. That makes it hard to judge.