• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Torn on how to deal with poor buying experience

155 posts in this topic

I stand with the seller on this matter. He had realized he had made an error and no doubt will be changing his ways regarding packing and shipping. As for the poster of the multiple threads about $60 worth of Valiants, come on.... seriously? What next? A protest? Chain yourself to a barrell in the mans driveway so he can't move his car? What do you want from the seller on top of public shaming him?
His money back maybe? :shrug:

I get that. But did the seller tell him to go Eff himself or something to warrant the efforts of creating 2 separate threads (one on comic general)? It appeared to me from the last thread that the seller was working things out. Perhaps I missed the truth in this story.

I stand with the seller on this matter. He had realized he had made an error and no doubt will be changing his ways regarding packing and shipping. As for the poster of the multiple threads about $60 worth of Valiants, come on.... seriously? What next? A protest? Chain yourself to a barrell in the mans driveway so he can't move his car? What do you want from the seller on top of public shaming him?

I get that. But did the seller tell him to go Eff himself or something to warrant the efforts of creating 2 separate threads (one on comic general)? It appeared to me from the last thread that the seller was working things out. Perhaps I missed the truth in this story.

Ready, fire...aim

Ready, fire...aim

:lol:

He truly feels passionate about this, maybe.

Common sense would dictate that he exhaust conversations with the seller before coming here. Upon deciding to come here, a picture in the FIRST post would have said a lot. I must say, now that he finally posted a pic, it is bad. Anyone of us would have been upset with receiving that.

True, the seller seems to have offered two resolutions, both leave the buyer out money.

As for starting another thread, probably not the greatest idea but the advice coming from the GD thread seems to have been 'you're new, he's not'.

...a picture in the FIRST post would have said a lot.
Agreed

Anyone of us would have been upset with receiving that.
Agreed

...'you're new, he's not'.
This kinda attitude is really getting old. (See what I did there? ;) )

Mike

There is no way the buyer should be out money on this. If that were me I would expect a full refund and if the seller wanted the comics back he would be paying for the shipping.

Seller gambled by shipping books via media mail - He lost

I could see a larger refund being a good solution since more than half of the books are missing and buyer doesn't want to ship the books back (understandable) especially not media mail... hope you guys can come to an amicable solution!

Seller offered solutions

Maybe good, maybe not. But the buyer doesn't have to accept those. He can make a counter offer of solution

Did he?

Or just run out to post again?

It also depends on what books were missing/included. If the books that were delivered were the least desired ones to the buyer, then it could be a pretty much worthless transaction. :(

Instead of being dismissive and focusing on the minutiae of his post, maybe someone can give constructive advice.

The seller took the gamble sending something media that should not have been. If and when inspecting the package the postal worker damaged the books it shouldn't be the buyers responsibility. Issue a refund and if you want the books back to deal with the PO pay for return shipping.

^^

Totally agree with you Mike

When I was new to the board I made purchases with ft88 and I was always very happy with transactions, he was a great guy to deal with. Obviously Ed is a reputable and well standing member here, I would buy from him anytime but I agree that the only way to make the buyer whole in this transaction is to issue a full refund and pay for shipping as well.

I am taking the buyer at his word here.

According to Ed in the other thread, the buyer did contact him first. I assume the buyer did not like the options given for making things right.. and who can blame him. The options stink.

I am normally on here advocating for both sides to absorb part of the costs of doing business through the mail on bad transactions, the items must be returned and the buyer must pay the return shipping. That is the normal way of things when both sides have done their job in a reasonable manner.

In this case I do not feel the buyer should be out a dime. The seller did not do a reasonable job of making sure the books got to the buyer safely.

I have bought from Ed multiple times and will likely do so again. But he needs to eat this one. I am sure Ed mailed all 500 books and was acting in good faith, but the packaging and the post office were his downfall.

I also want to note that if the buyer is forced to go the paypal route to get his money back, paypal will force him to return what he received. Ed, please don't make him go through that.

My $0.02.