• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Do you ever throw comics in the trash?

60 posts in this topic

As the thread titles asks, do you ever trash comics?

I've done so. Some scenarios:

• I've gone fishing on ebay and trash the bad slab candidates
  • Someone sent me a ratty freebit that I don't care about and has no value
  • I bought multiple moderns for slab candidates and trashed 99% of them
  • A comic isn't worth even a quarter so why waste time and money bagging, boar ding and storing it

I haven't yet, unless badly damaged. My mother on the other hand, now that's a different story. When I moved out, I left my entire collection behind as I had nowhere to put it. You know the rest... It ended up...

E-Cyclr.png

Donating readable comics to a library, hospital, or an armed forces base/hospital is a lot higher on my list than going in the trash. Not to mention places that have book sales who will take the comics as a donation to help raise money.

:baiting:

Donating readable comics to a library, hospital, or an armed forces base/hospital is a lot higher on my list than going in the trash. Not to mention places that have book sales who will take the comics as a donation to help raise money.

:baiting:

I meant they should be really spoon, which means I would consider their possible reading value more harmful than other… lol

I've dumped a lot of the modern drek in crash. Even a stack of of copper age X-Men once. Stuff I just wasn't interested in. It's generally a real pain for me to find someone who'd even want the stuff. This goes the same for football and baseball cards as well.

I throw away comics all the time.

The trick is to shred the cover with a razor before dumping, so you're not tempted to dive into the dumpster to recover it, when it pops in "What's hot" forum.

But seriously, sometimes you get multiple dupes or freebie dreks from vendors, or you accidentally pick up a Liefeld drawn comic book. And naturally, with nothing else to do with them, you throw them away.

-Terry

Throwing comic books in the garbage is like throwing a bible in the trash. U just don;t do it. I don;t care if the comic is Little Lulu. Its sacrilegious.

I 2nd this. I have a lot of 90's drek that probably belongs in recycling, but I can't bring myself to do it.

Given away, sure, but thrown in the garbage, really? I'm sure goodwill can always use some fresh material.

My store keeps a box of rags for the tourists who come in looking for collage material. Seems it gets plenty of turnover. As long as it's kid-friendly, it should never be tossed.

Throwing comic books in the garbage is like throwing a bible in the trash. U just don;t do it. I don;t care if the comic is Little Lulu. Its sacrilegious.

I 2nd this. I have a lot of 90's drek that probably belongs in recycling, but I can't bring myself to do it.

I have two friends with 7 year old boys. You think it's drek, but they think they've hit gold.

Given away, sure, but thrown in the garbage, really? I'm sure goodwill can always use some fresh material.

My store keeps a box of rags for the tourists who come in looking for collage material. Seems it gets plenty of turnover. As long as it's kid-friendly, it should never be tossed.

I have two friends with 7 year old boys. You think it's drek, but they think they've hit gold.

^ 100%!

I never throw away comics! - as many have said in this thread, if it gets to that point. bundle up for give away sales, or actually GIVE them away to locate kids or library

what a waste to throw it away! :sumo: