• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Amazing Fantasy 15 - Price Correction?

162 posts in this topic

Honestly, make fun of me as well, but the fact that a Fine copy of Amazing Fantasy #15 is now 60% of the average yearly us salary seems a bit odd to me. Then again I think this about most comic prices in the last few years.

I understand but hey-some dude splashed paint around on canvas and those things sell for millions. Logic doesn't enter into something like this.

The market is determined by what people are willing to pay and I suspect many of the owners of this book are collectors and very little speculators

This is a solid book that should not slow down unless there is a major economical crisis

If that's the case I'd worry more about other books slowing down

Price correction is for more flavor of the month type of books like Hulk 271 or even Fantastic Four 52

Books like these (AF15) are major keys/grails and cornerstones of collections

Honestly, make fun of me as well, but the fact that a Fine copy of Amazing Fantasy #15 is now 60% of the average yearly us salary seems a bit odd to me. Then again I think this about most comic prices in the last few years.

I understand but hey-some dude splashed paint around on canvas and those things sell for millions. Logic doesn't enter into something like this.

When people have money to burn much of it doesn't make sense to an average Joe like me and you

When people have money to burn much of it doesn't make sense to an average Joe like me and you

Whether it makes sense or not we can clearly see that a Pollock will not decrease in value-ever.

The painting comparison really doesn't work here since each painting is a 1 of a kind and even the most prolific painters only paint at most a few thousands paintings in their entire careers.

The painting comparison really doesn't work here since each painting is a 1 of a kind and even the most prolific painters only paint at most a few thousands paintings in their entire careers.

It works addressing the point of something being worth a lot when there's no logical reason for it.

Decline!!!! Are u kidding me. That's like saying why dosnt

Superman #1 or Action #1 start declining as Superman books

are not that much in demand with readers today.

AF 15 is the golden grail of our era just like Action 1

or Detec 27 its what that back bone to the industry started

on. That's like me saying since a 69 Chevelle isn't popular like

a Ferrari it should start declining.

Where do people come up with this .. It's called supply and

demand.. There's millions of collectors and most want one plain

and simple!! That's what drives its price like Realestate 1000 homes

and 1 million buyers what do u think this does it drives property up like

a comic that's over 50yrs old..

Possibly the worst discussion on pricing speculation on the boards I have seen in awhile...

There are only a handful of salient points in here (i.e. popularity ranking is strong, etc). I can only hope that the folks arguing against the OP's statement are not taking this completely seriously on the whole.

Honestly, does anyone even try on here anymore...?

:shrug:

:hi:

U my friend are dead on right.. Look at Superman #1

I remember in 2001 a 1.0 copy was fetching 4k.. About

the same price as a .5 AF 15 today.. Now a superman #1

1.0 unrestored is over 50k on that grade after 14yrs.

What do u think a 1.0 AF 15 will be worth in 15yrs I say dam

close to 30k.. Not far fetched folks..

Decline!!!! Are u kidding me. That's like saying why dosnt

Superman #1 or Action #1 start declining as Superman books

are not that much in demand with readers today.

AF 15 is the golden grail of our era just like Action 1

or Detec 27 its what that back bone to the industry started

on. That's like me saying since a 69 Chevelle isn't popular like

a Ferrari it should start declining.

Where do people come up with this .. It's called supply and

demand.. There's millions of collectors and most want one plain

and simple!! That's what drives its price like Realestate 1000 homes

and 1 million buyers what do u think this does it drives property up like

a comic that's over 50yrs old..

U my friend are dead on right.. Look at Superman #1

I remember in 2001 a 1.0 copy was fetching 4k.. About

the same price as a .5 AF 15 today.. Now a superman #1

1.0 unrestored is over 50k on that grade after 14yrs.

What do u think a 1.0 AF 15 will be worth in 15yrs I say dam

close to 30k.. Not far fetched folks..

I'm sorry, but I just don't think the Superman 1/Action 1 comparison works for AF15.

There are 110 Superman 1s; 63 Action 1s; and 2371 AF15s on the census.

For a Superman 1 or Action 1 to go up in value, demand only has to increase slightly because of the small supply. For AF15 to go up, demand has to increase significantly more. To assume AF15 will see the same level of increase as Superman 1/Action 1 I think is a mistake.

I'm by no means rooting against AF15. I just don't see it as the bulletproof book that everyone else seems to. TOS39 increased dramatically because Iron Man suddenly became relevant; there was a reason for the increase. I don't see where the extra demand for Spider-Man is going to come from to continue this value increase.

There are far fewer Superman 1s and this is reflected in the value of the book. It doesnt really matter how many AF15s there are-if there are far more people that want it than available copies, it will continue to climb.

If the bubble burst somehow people would begin snatching them up and you'd be back to square one in no time.