• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Kevin Feige disbands Marvel's CREATIVE COMMITTEE
1 1

141 posts in this topic

Who have they each had sex with? And what brings them back together if they have to go outside of the relationship to get their needs fulfilled? Does Vision even have a sex drive?

He has a USB drive that substitutes for it.

:grin:

Please don't tell me anything about his dongle. :eek:

Correct. I'll never forget the mess Bendis made of Avengers. He called Vision a toaster, and couldn't understand why Wanda would be in love with a toaster.

I never understood it either. Do they have sex? (shrug)

Yes - just not with each other.

Who have they each had sex with? And what brings them back together if they have to go outside of the relationship to get their needs fulfilled? Does Vision even have a sex drive?

Penthouse Forum is the place you are looking for.

Quesada - I was under the impression he was responsible for the Gwen/Sins storyline

Ewww. :eek:

That's what I always thought was the biggest issue people had with him (among many).

Never understood the Bendis hate. As someone else said, he was a driving force behind the Ultimate line (I think he helped Millar plot out The Ultimates). The Marvel cinematic universe is more Ultimate than "regular" Marvel.

Never understood the Bendis hate. As someone else said, he was a driving force behind the Ultimate line (I think he helped Millar plot out The Ultimates). The Marvel cinematic universe is more Ultimate than "regular" Marvel.

His writing on Ultimate Spider-Man was scintillating; dialogue is by far his greatest strength. I haven't thought as much about his character creation and decisions to know how good he'd be on a committee to review movie ideas.

Was the Civil War idea his, or at least was the idea of revealing Daredevil's identity his? I enjoyed that story a lot but haven't read any moderns past Civil War, so I'm not sure how well having so many secret identities revealed is working out. The idea of keeping superhero identity secret is simple--it's to protect their friends and family from retribution. I wasn't sure how they'd avoid the reality of that inevitably happening.

No idea about Civil War. The only non-Ultimate Marvel I was reading at the time was Daredevil. I think the identity reveal in that was his. That was an amazing run and, as others have said, strongly followed by Brubaker's run. Really great stuff.

If you check the author of the article, that is the same one that published the other day how Feige was the bad guy, and the MCC were the good guys.

Welcome To Feige Island – Why Kevin Feige Canned The Marvel Creative Committee Of Dan Buckley, Joe Quesada And Brian Bendis

I'd love to know what reference was used to determine which movies the MCC had most influence over. From the earlier articles, it was noted the MCC was in place even before Marvel Studios. That means it influenced all movies, including when Edgar Wright walked away from Ant-Man.

(shrug)

Quesada - I was under the impression he was responsible for the Gwen/Sins storyline

That's what I always thought was the biggest issue people had with him (among many).

Much of the Neflix line seems to be Bendis inspired and people loved Daredevil

Avengers Disassembled. That is where the hate originated.

If you check the author of the article, that is the same one that published the other day how Feige was the bad guy, and the MCC were the good guys.

Welcome To Feige Island – Why Kevin Feige Canned The Marvel Creative Committee Of Dan Buckley, Joe Quesada And Brian Bendis

I'd love to know what reference was used to determine which movies the MCC had most influence over. From the earlier articles, it was noted the MCC was in place even before Marvel Studios. That means it influenced all movies, including when Edgar Wright walked away from Ant-Man.

(shrug)

If any of the articles I read are to be believed, Feign had complete control to overrule the MCC. If he could do that, why would Edgar Wright walk away from the movie?

Edited by rjrjr

If any of the articles I read are to be believed, Feign had complete control to overrule the MCC. If he could do that, why would Edgar Wright walk away from the movie?

Feige? :baiting:

If he had the ability to overrule the MCC and Perlmutter's influence, why did he come close to quitting Marvel Studios?

Kevin Feige Almost Quit Marvel Over ‘Civil War’ Disagreements

COLLIDER: ‘Captain America: Civil War’ Budget Battles Almost Made Kevin Feige Quit Marvel

(shrug)

Why does Joss Whedon keep talking about how painful it was to engage with Marvel - not Feige by name?

Joss Whedon Says His Battle with Marvel Got “Really Unpleasant”

How Avengers: Age of Ultron Nearly Killed Joss Whedon

(shrug)

Feige? :baiting:

If he had the ability to overrule the MCC and Perlmutter's influence, why did he come close to quitting Marvel Studios?

Kevin Feige Almost Quit Marvel Over ‘Civil War’ Disagreements

COLLIDER: ‘Captain America: Civil War’ Budget Battles Almost Made Kevin Feige Quit Marvel

(shrug)

Why does Joss Whedon keep talking about how painful it was to engage with Marvel - not Feige by name?

Joss Whedon Says His Battle with Marvel Got “Really Unpleasant”

How Avengers: Age of Ultron Nearly Killed Joss Whedon

(shrug)

And yet, a lot of these articles say Feige had last say on things with regards to the committee. I cannot speak to Perlmutter. If Feige did have last say, then most of the content in these articles is suspect. Just saying.

I imagine people have already made up their minds (Perlmutter hates women comics, the committee drove away the good talent, Feige was responsible for the bad Marvel movies) and people will just pick and choice the opinion in these articles that support their belief. My opinion, the truth is probably somewhere in the middle.

Edited by rjrjr

And yet, a lot of these articles say Feige had last say on things with regards to the committee. I cannot speak to Perlmutter. If Feige did have last say, then most of the content in these articles is suspect. Just saying.

I imagine people have already made up their minds (Perlmutter hates women comics, the committee drove away the good talent, Feige was responsible for the bad Marvel movies) and people will just pick and choice the opinion in these articles that support their belief. My opinion, the truth is probably somewhere in the middle.

I bet that is more accurate than anything else written yet. With big productions like we have seen, the hiccups in production most probably had a combination of Perlmutter, the MCC and Feige somewhere at times making decisions they may or may not have regretted later.

But from the hacked emails and historic financial decisions noted about Perlmutter, his value has been exceeded. Though without him early on, Marvel could have been sunk or bought by parties that were not as capable to turn it around.