• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

I am confused ...AF15 9.6 on Ebay

17 posts in this topic

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=32739&item=6515192100&rd=1

If you had this book, and were 100% certain it would grade a 9.6, ( heck even 9.2, 9.0 - 8.5 ) wouldnt you pay to have it slabbed?

If it did grade a 9.6 isnt this "suddenly" a 100k-125k comic?

I can't quite understand sellers who sell a comic like this raw. To me it sets off alot of alarm bells regardless of the feedback.

Artboy99

What confuses you this is a scam and that is that. It looks too good to be true so it is. And as for his feedback.....if you notice he sold a ton of [#@$%!!!] non comic related for very low dollar amounts to raise his feedback level prior to the scam. Eh maybe I'm too cynical but I wouldn't touch this auction with a ten foot pole. If someone is going to shell out the money for a major key book in super high grade I would highly recommend only buying a CGC if it's on ebay ebay.

Eric

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=32739&item=6515192100&rd=1

If you had this book, and were 100% certain it would grade a 9.6, ( heck even 9.2, 9.0 - 8.5 ) wouldnt you pay to have it slabbed?

If it did grade a 9.6 isnt this "suddenly" a 100k-125k comic?

I can't quite understand sellers who sell a comic like this raw. To me it sets off alot of alarm bells regardless of the feedback.

Artboy99

the book looks VERY nice in the mediocre scans that are provided.

BUT, this is a $250,000 book if graded as a true unrestored 9.6. Doug Schmell';s 9.4 sold for $150K earlier this year.

the seller has sold 13 items in the last month which are still traceable for a grand totral of $104 (that's $8 each auction). all the sales were either for sports cards or photo/printing supplies.

there are already 24 bids and the number is up to $12K+.........

NO WAY this is a true unrestored 9.6 copy of this book up for auction with so-so pics and no reserve. will it grade out as an 8.0 - 9.0???? is it restored???

who knows - this book is always being shilled by someone..................would be interesting to hear some of the end stories. i bought a 7.5 that graded out as an 8.5 by CGC but was restored . Luckily i got my money back. there have got to be dozens of horror stories surrounding sales of AF #15's......... frown.gif

The hammer was dropped at $18,333.50. There were 31 bids total. It looks as though the high bidder has a decent ebay member profile. So, for his sake, I guess I should say that I hope the book turns out to be worth at least what he paid for it.

Take a look at the high bidder. About 5 feedbacks and one is a negative! Most transactions under $10.00.

what a load of crapola.

Are you sure you have the correct link since mine's show that the winning bidder has 255 feedbacks.

BTW Kona; you don't have to worry about the winning bidder since he has deep enough pockets to afford to take a gamble on $18K and is probably more astute than everybody else on these boards.

Since the shipping was stated as overnight, shouldn't the "winner" have received it by now? You'd think he wouls have at least left some feedback....

The high bidder is Metropolis Comics. Just call them and ask them how it worked out.

What confuses you this is a scam and that is that. It looks too good to be true so it is. And as for his feedback.....if you notice he sold a ton of [#@$%!!!] non comic related for very low dollar amounts to raise his feedback level prior to the scam. Eh maybe I'm too cynical but I wouldn't touch this auction with a ten foot pole. If someone is going to shell out the money for a major key book in super high grade I would highly recommend only buying a CGC if it's on ebay ebay.

Eric

How can you tell what a person sold to get his feed back high?

Dont the auctions go away after a while?

Yes the auctions go away after awhile but at the time I posted that he had about 20 or so you could still view and they were all for low dollar amount items....it looked to me like he was trying to bulster his feedback rating. After all this time has gone by and the auction was never pulled for a fake scam, a legit buyer bought it, and finally no negative feedback left I'm not sure what to think about this auction anymore.

Eric

Eric

all of a persons feedback remains forever (at least so far). if you click on the auction ID number at the end of a persons feedback, it will take you back to the auction. all highlighted numbers are still active. when i checked this out weeks ago, i was able to see what he'd sold/bought over the last 13 auctions and everything was supercheap stuff.

there are many possible reasons for no feedback, including potential problems that preclude either party from commenting yet, as all issues may not have been resolved..........