• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Are married pages original pages?

7 posts in this topic

A quick question:

I'm curious regarding the CGC notation of "married pages", or "married centerfold".

Are these married pages original pages? I would think they would be, but I really don't know.

Any info that anyone may be able to impart would be appreciated.

A quick question:

I'm curious regarding the CGC notation of "married pages", or "married centerfold".

Are these married pages original pages? I would think they would be, but I really don't know.

Any info that anyone may be able to impart would be appreciated.

Yes, married pages are original pages but they are not original to the specific book. For example, an Action 55 with a missing centerfold has a centerfold from a different Action 55 inserted into it. So the page itself is an original page but it was not original to the book it was placed in.

Also note "marry" can be used for reproductions such as a repro cover married to an original interior. In this case it should get a Purple Resto label with a notation that the cover is a reproduction.

Yes, married pages are original pages that have been swapped for the same pages in a particular issue.

I don't know 100% whether the designation of restored would be applied or if it would receive a qualified (green label) designation based on the overall grade.

If the pages switched out and considered married were not the original than the book may be considered restored.

So it sounds like original pages married from a copy of the same book=green label.

vs.

Repro pages married into book=PLOD.

If so, that's kind of what I had assumed, but wasn't sure.

Thanks so much to those who have chimed in.

If the book is incomplete would it get a blue label with notes?

No, it would get a Green label.

From zzutak's stickied thread above:

Approximately 34% of the Green Label books in the HA archives are incomplete by virtue of a missing page, piece, coupon, or attachment (Category 1 in the table provided above). Fortunately, a few incomplete books have been encapsulated in Universal Grade holders, and some of those Blue Label examples are shown below. On this basis, it appears that the “true” grade of an incomplete book is either Poor (CGC 0.5) or Fair (CGC 1.0), depending on whether the specimen is missing a page (any page, story or non-story), a panel, or merely a coupon.