• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Is it a sign of mental illness

37 posts in this topic

Oh, and btw GAMP, your only reality is choking the chicken every night. :roflmao:

That statement is about as accurate as your grading.

Such BS,you've been here over a year now and you've never posted a grade of one of your books . . . never. You're a lame wannabe :roflmao:

I buy the WeaponX/BWS books too for a buck (or less), but I see them less in sharp condition on dollar boxes, and those purchases actually make sense as the whole run as a set is worth something to someone.

I happen not to pay a buck out of the specific dollar box I am thinking of because there is a quantity discount and a discount given to me in general, so it's more like 50 cents. not bad if i get a copy with a bag and board.

I've always wanted a nice 9.8 copy of the first appearance of Cyber that I have yet to find. (MCP 85) :whistle:

It's a tough book. It's absolutely plagued with spine tics that just barely break color...and keep the books in the 9.6 range. I have maybe 40 copies of this book, and have only ever gotten 2 9.8s out of them.

I've always wanted a nice 9.8 copy of the first appearance of Cyber that I have yet to find. (MCP 85) :whistle:

It's a tough book. It's absolutely plagued with spine tics that just barely break color...and keep the books in the 9.6 range. I have maybe 40 copies of this book, and have only ever gotten 2 9.8s out of them.

Same here. I've found copies but nothing that amounts to a 9.8. All with spine cracks or poor centering in some cases. Some books are just tough like that. (shrug)

Same here. I've found copies but nothing that amounts to a 9.8. All with spine cracks or poor centering in some cases. Some books are just tough like that. (shrug)

I guess I'll have to pull my copy . . . :grin:

Oh, and btw GAMP, your only reality is choking the chicken every night. :roflmao:

Such BS,you've been here over a year now and you've never posted a grade of one of your books . . . never. You're a lame wannabe :roflmao:

It's interesting that your common response to people who criticize your grading is some form of "But YOUR grading…" Repeated attempts at deflection just go to show that you really don't have a defense.

Not that it's relevant to the topic, but in my first submission to CGC (a little over 20 books), all but one book came in at the grade I had assigned it, or better. The one book that came in lower was exactly one grade lower (9.4 rather than 9.6). But the more relevant point is that, if I were to sell the books raw, I wouldn't state that something was higher than it clearly is based on obvious defects. Go ahead and reiterate that you haven't had any complaints against you. I'm sure there are buyers out there that don't know how to grade either.

:wishluck:

It's interesting that your common response to people who criticize your grading is some form of "But YOUR grading…" Repeated attempts at deflection just go to show that you really don't have a defense.

Not that it's relevant to the topic, but in my first submission to CGC (a little over 20 books), all but one book came in at the grade I had assigned it, or better. The one book that came in lower was exactly one grade lower (9.4 rather than 9.6). But the more relevant point is that, if I were to sell the books raw, I wouldn't state that something was higher than it clearly is based on obvious defects. Go ahead and reiterate that you haven't had any complaints against you. I'm sure there are buyers out there that don't know how to grade either.

You're a farce. :roflmao:

You're the man (thumbs u

If your copy is a dead on 9.8, you should list it.

Like RMA said, it's tough in 9.8.

Btw, care to post up what you got for the Batman 635 you had up on eBay for $150 BIN or BO?

I have a dead on 9.8 (which I had to dry clean and press), plan on subbing it onsite at Baltimore....I also did the same for a #638 and put it up with a BIN of $35 but no takers on it , yet.

i actually get them for closer to 50 cents each with my frequent flyer bulk discount, usually bagged and boarded, with no shipping when i buy them in person...plus i think i might be at my limit now.

Yes. The BWS run is where it's at . . . ;)

this. I treasured my issues of the Weapon X run. I had about 5-6 copies of each before my collection got stolen. BWS is amazing, I love his wolvie.

Was it because of extreme high print run these aren't worth much?

They're worth what you think they are. :grin:

N3sq7K.jpg

So true. I kinda like the fact that I can buy these unslabbed pretty cheap and still feel like it's an unbelievable bargain. Yeah it's really comes down to collecting what you love regardless of price.

MCP #84 best cover out the run hands down!

Love this run! Don't care if it's worthless. Wouldn't sell anyway. Also, Dude's got a serious high def scanner!