• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Is it a sign of mental illness

37 posts in this topic

that I keep wanting to buy Sam Kieth Marvel Comics Presents covers whenever I see them for $1 or less in nice shape even though I probably have 10 copies of each? I know the market sees no value in them and I don't know if the market is ever going to care about artists again other than J Scott Campbell covers and even a lot of those are worthless. I have my hoarded books for sure, but usually I have a strategic reason for doing so like i think the book has potential in addition to me liking them, but i am not sure i have that here. maybe sam kieth will come to my house and sign them all. that would be cool.

Yes. The BWS run is where it's at . . . ;)

this. I treasured my issues of the Weapon X run. I had about 5-6 copies of each before my collection got stolen. BWS is amazing, I love his wolvie.

Was it because of extreme high print run these aren't worth much?

this. I treasured my issues of the Weapon X run. I had about 5-6 copies of each before my collection got stolen. BWS is amazing, I love his wolvie.

They're worth what you think they are. :grin:

N3sq7K.jpg

They're worth what you think they are. :grin:

N3sq7K.jpg

So true. I kinda like the fact that I can buy these unslabbed pretty cheap and still feel like it's an unbelievable bargain. Yeah it's really comes down to collecting what you love regardless of price.

MCP #84 best cover out the run hands down!

Is there another run even nearly as long as MCP that is as completely worthless (from a monetary point of view)?

Well, DCCP was pretty worthless in it's time. It's only when #26 broke out that other issues gained in value.

Subby's titles have always been under-valued and of course, until only recently, Marvel Tales issues had no value whatsoever. There's a bunch of down-trodden titles (which will eventually have their "day in the sun").