• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Kaholo1256's Amazing Comic Con Sales Thread :CLOSED:

76 posts in this topic

We will get our books eventually . I bought a pretty expensive Campbell variant from him and that transaction went smoothly.

The statute of limitations on "smoothly" has long passed.

I do sincerely hope that everything is ok, but it IS getting a little frustrating waiting for any kind of communication. I'm honestly debating if I should ask for my money back once we do hear from him. It's been three months for a fast tracked book that was already in hand. Am I too impatient? How long is too long with no word?

...seriously, I'm asking...

Someone nominated him for a Turtles book a few weeks back and he posted this in the probation thread:

In response to Adam's request of PL for me I completely AGREE I should be placed on the list. I have been so wrapped up in everything going on that I haven't had a chance to get on here in almost 11 weeks to respond to questions. Reasons I should be on here stretch more than the Eastman opp and until I can set the status back to clear I will not take another commission request nor sell on the boards. No need for voting, or large discussions of why or why not I whole heartedly believe until I can get everything done that j do belong on here.

The Eastman opp:

Yes SDCC was a huge sketch opportunity and almost everything has been completed and turned into CGC. If you check with Doug (dscott) he is just now receiving the last of his order from San Diego and I'm really trying to get this one completed. I have three large scale commissions to include Adam's request and I'll finally be done with SDCC.

The Hawaii Eastman opp:

I am waiting on 10 commissions left for it to be completed. These are 10 full body commissions and not part of the opp conducted on here. The ones completed were some different commission requests such as Nightwing Turtle, Harley Quinn Turtle, Batman, and several others which were completed as can be verified by Adonis (Not sure what he is called now) and Yaw (yagyare) who were in the hotel room while he was drawing these for everyone.

Someone asked why I took commissions at NYCC, I did not. Darrel F happened to accompany me to Kevin's hotel to pick up some commissions as well as books signed and asked me if I could ask him on the spot. That was the only commission done at that show by Kevin outside of the small stand in line he did at IDWs booth.

It's because of being behind by the 13 commissions that I did not take any requests for Canada, NYCC or the past weeks Amazing Oklahoma City Comic Con as we have been able to whittle down numbers during it. Usually his work load is pretty enormous and why I try to slide a book in on him a week as I figure one at a time is at least something.

As for grading for these, one hang up was something I didn't see, licensing. Everything should be taken care of and should finally start seeing these completed though.

Other stuff and Cleaning out laundry here:

Jamie Biggs, Adam himself warned me about this one but following commission requests and then receiving them back before my requested cut off I ran an op with Jamie. Currently waiting on a single book to be completed and have been trying to contact Jaime about closing this thing which has been an enormous headache. (Self Inflicted)

Alfred Trujilo, his books are either at CGC or at my home... Yes they could be at my home but I honestly have not had a chance to open boxes I have received due to my travel schedule. Usually I'm home for Wednesday long enough to wash my clothes, kiss the kids, and pat the wife on the head. This I need to check on when I get home hopefully Friday which I have a weekend off finally and will be back.

Kokkinakis, currently awaiting a single book as well, been in contact with him about it though so should be near the end of the tunnel with him.

Harley Quinn Amazing books, these are spread between three places, CGC, my home, and just getting to CGC. The ones just getting to CGC were just signed by Palmiotti and Conner a few weeks ago due to Amanda not attending NYCC.

I will get on messaging every single person back as soon as I can but I really am bogged down. The biggest reason I am replying to this isn't to keep myself out of the PL but because I've received several texts, calls, and an email this morning alone and I know I need to respond to everyone on a PM by the end of this week. I WILL find a way to get back on here more to respond.

Lastly I truly do apologize for the delay in everything. It's not my intention to keep books away from you all whether to keep or flip and I am not against me being on the PL but would even wish to nominate myself until I can get things cleared up with each of these issues as well as a few extra ones I have going on as well.

Someone nominated him for a Turtles book a few weeks back and he posted this in the probation thread:

In response to Adam's request of PL for me I completely AGREE I should be placed on the list. I have been so wrapped up in everything going on that I haven't had a chance to get on here in almost 11 weeks to respond to questions. Reasons I should be on here stretch more than the Eastman opp and until I can set the status back to clear I will not take another commission request nor sell on the boards. No need for voting, or large discussions of why or why not I whole heartedly believe until I can get everything done that j do belong on here.

The Eastman opp:

Yes SDCC was a huge sketch opportunity and almost everything has been completed and turned into CGC. If you check with Doug (dscott) he is just now receiving the last of his order from San Diego and I'm really trying to get this one completed. I have three large scale commissions to include Adam's request and I'll finally be done with SDCC.

The Hawaii Eastman opp:

I am waiting on 10 commissions left for it to be completed. These are 10 full body commissions and not part of the opp conducted on here. The ones completed were some different commission requests such as Nightwing Turtle, Harley Quinn Turtle, Batman, and several others which were completed as can be verified by Adonis (Not sure what he is called now) and Yaw (yagyare) who were in the hotel room while he was drawing these for everyone.

Someone asked why I took commissions at NYCC, I did not. Darrel F happened to accompany me to Kevin's hotel to pick up some commissions as well as books signed and asked me if I could ask him on the spot. That was the only commission done at that show by Kevin outside of the small stand in line he did at IDWs booth.

It's because of being behind by the 13 commissions that I did not take any requests for Canada, NYCC or the past weeks Amazing Oklahoma City Comic Con as we have been able to whittle down numbers during it. Usually his work load is pretty enormous and why I try to slide a book in on him a week as I figure one at a time is at least something.

As for grading for these, one hang up was something I didn't see, licensing. Everything should be taken care of and should finally start seeing these completed though.

Other stuff and Cleaning out laundry here:

Jamie Biggs, Adam himself warned me about this one but following commission requests and then receiving them back before my requested cut off I ran an op with Jamie. Currently waiting on a single book to be completed and have been trying to contact Jaime about closing this thing which has been an enormous headache. (Self Inflicted)

Alfred Trujilo, his books are either at CGC or at my home... Yes they could be at my home but I honestly have not had a chance to open boxes I have received due to my travel schedule. Usually I'm home for Wednesday long enough to wash my clothes, kiss the kids, and pat the wife on the head. This I need to check on when I get home hopefully Friday which I have a weekend off finally and will be back.

Kokkinakis, currently awaiting a single book as well, been in contact with him about it though so should be near the end of the tunnel with him.

Harley Quinn Amazing books, these are spread between three places, CGC, my home, and just getting to CGC. The ones just getting to CGC were just signed by Palmiotti and Conner a few weeks ago due to Amanda not attending NYCC.

I will get on messaging every single person back as soon as I can but I really am bogged down. The biggest reason I am replying to this isn't to keep myself out of the PL but because I've received several texts, calls, and an email this morning alone and I know I need to respond to everyone on a PM by the end of this week. I WILL find a way to get back on here more to respond.

Lastly I truly do apologize for the delay in everything. It's not my intention to keep books away from you all whether to keep or flip and I am not against me being on the PL but would even wish to nominate myself until I can get things cleared up with each of these issues as well as a few extra ones I have going on as well.

This is why I keep you around.

....Also, cuz you're sexy....

...in a completely not gay way...

....Unless you're into that....

...But if not, totally hetero comment....

....man, is it getting warm in here... :fear:

He posted in another sales thread in the signature sub forum...

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=8693641&fpart=11

As of 12/13. :sorry:

Here we go, over the past few days/week I have been responding to pm's based on oldest to newest. So those on page 8... yes sadly I have almost 8 pages worth of pm's are what are being responded to and how I was whittling down the list, so with each bump of the conversations I was still doing responses to the back pages first instead of the newest pages.

I would say I have been busy but like everyone has mentioned we are all busy. I've been balancing between work, travel, conventions, college, and some personal things over the past few months but none of it is an excuse.

As for Kevin and or reaching out to him, honestly it is fine and is your right to do so but as far as commissions for each of these opps, they're done and have been turned in. Yes there are a select few that have not been completed and those are much larger commissions but for the most part out of 13 commission's left as said in the PL response which most were requests on facebook through him and another I am now down to 9 with four in hand as of this past Friday. Those 4 were three from Amazing Hawaii and one additional that was requested from him at Amazing Oklahoma that simply wasn't handed back to the requester due to setting something up through his wife at the show. Aside from that all of the Hawaii commissions from here and all but the remaining 3 insane requests from SDCC... although one should be taken off the list by the end of next week are completed and at CGC. Not waiting to go to CGC but actually at CGC.

As for the suggestion for weekly updates, I will ensure I start doing this here so by this coming Friday I will post an update even if it is simply a no change to status and who I called and or when I called them type of thing. Either way a weekly update will be done.

As for a few of the other opps I have going, I am also complete with those and will knock them out again, asap. I appreciate the heads up from Adonis earlier and will check in with Doug as well to ease some minds. More from me shortly.