• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

FF 52 (1st Black Panther) or Avengers 57 (1st Vision)

21 posts in this topic

My LCS just got a new collection, and there are two very nice copies of FF 52 and Avengers 57.

The grades are similar, at most within .5-1.0 apart form each other. Likely in the 6-7.5 range, without pressing.

Which is the better long term investment? I've had the first Ultron and Vision before, btu sold them before AoU came out.

Storywise - you can't go wrong with either.

Investment - depends on how much your LCS is asking and how long you're planning on holding on

IMO, Black Panther will be more popular and have more exposure in the long term - having his own solo movie does help

Storywise - you can't go wrong with either.

Investment - depends on how much your LCS is asking and how long you're planning on holding on

IMO, Black Panther will be more popular and have more exposure in the long term - having his own solo movie does help

Thanks, the VIsion is in a slighlty higher grade, but the colors aren't as crisp. The prices are negotiable, but as it stands the Avengers 57 is abut 100-150 more.

I personally always LOVED the FF 52 cover.

I'm a huge Vision fan, but if the grades are roughly the same and the FF is that much cheaper, FF #52 all the way.

I think Panther does have a bigger fan base and more potential as well; even though Vision was excellent in Avengers: Age of Ultron, I don't think that's enough to reverse 25+ years of indifference to the character by Marvel.

So I went to go pick up the Panther, and the boss man was in the store. Upon white glove inspection the FF52 is a much higher gade than the Avengers 57. He's now asking 700$.

We're definitely looking at a 7.0 or better, there's a few minor spine issues but I've never seen such a vibrant 52.

I usually don't pay over $500 for non slabbed books, but this is so tempting.

I would personally have big problems in spending around $700 for a Fantastic Four issue which is not among the very first ones, but given the craziness going on, if you really care about the #52 you could try and negotiate on the price.

Thankfully I managed to pick a decent copy in the Fine range for under $100 before the madness started in full…

Money wise,if it was a deal,im 55 all day..

Fantastic Four 52 all the way.

I was thinking quick flip...for those that like that sort of thing...i dont sell comics,i hoard,so....you are right Dijon Man!! :foryou:

I missed you gang.

Money wise,if it was a deal,im 55 all day..

Fantastic Four 52 all the way.

I was thinking quick flip...for those that like that sort of thing...i dont sell comics,i hoard,so....you are right Dijon Man!! :foryou:

I missed you gang.

lol Dijon man.

and as a fan, which one do you prefer? and if you didn't have these on your collection, even if they exploded in price, which one to nuy before it gets more expensive*?

regards

F.F. 52. Black Panther is going to be a big movie,of course Thanos is a big one too! Vision...... Who cares really.

IM55 lacks a cover. A great cover for a great villain dont get much better than FF5. Both Vision and Black Panther's covers are great to behold and I give the nod to the BP and only because the cork has been popped on the Vision so that train left the station. Potential, great cover and I own a few copies. BP (thumbs u