• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

NEW ADVENTURE 26

89 posts in this topic

I'm a bit shocked and speechless at the moment, but a wonderfully kind and fabulous person may have just found me the affordable copy I need to complete the collection.

OH PLEASE LET IT BE TRUE.

893applaud-thumb.gif893crossfingers-thumb.gif

I'm a bit shocked and speechless at the moment, but a wonderfully kind and fabulous person may have just found me the affordable copy I need to complete the collection.

Ian, I hope that it is a true leed and you get the book to complete the quest.

Well, well, well - so Ian's still excited about completing his quest. My one bit of advice would be to keep schtum until, I repeat UNTIL, the book is safely in your hands and you are the proud owner of it. Then uncork the champagne. Don't mess it up!!!!

Well, well, well - so Ian's still excited about completing his quest. My one bit of advice would be to keep schtum until, I repeat UNTIL, the book is safely in your hands and you are the proud owner of it. Then uncork the champagne. Don't mess it up!!!!

Good advice ! thumbsup2.gif

I think I'm being very cautious. I haven't forgotten the Denmark e-mail promising me Detective 3, 4, and 5, which turned put to be a scam.

But this is either a very sincere and genuine person, or it's a wind-up. We will see. I hope it's true. If it's not, my excitement level will plummet to an all time low.

Why are you typing messages on this message board? Why aren't you on a plane, heading to get the NA #26, carrying a bag of cash? gossip.gif893naughty-thumb.gif(tsk)(tsk) 893whatthe.gif893scratchchin-thumb.gif

In any case, good luck Ian!

893crossfingers-thumb.gif893crossfingers-thumb.gif893crossfingers-thumb.gif893crossfingers-thumb.gif893crossfingers-thumb.gif893crossfingers-thumb.gif

If the person is on the boards, please note I will pay 2x whatever Ian was willing to pay.

Thankyou. You restore my faith in human nature.

Good ole American fun. headbang.gif

Good luck in obtaining the book. When you get it, we expect a scan to be posted in the GA section so we can admire it. thumbsup2.gif

And, of course, since this would now complete your dream and enable you to move on to your next quest, I am more than willing to purchase your entire collection. takeit.gif

Much as I'd like to follow the hunt for this final piece of the puzzle, I tend to agree that keeping mum about it is the wiser choice. In fact, I wouldn't ever mention any leads if/when you come across 'em...until it's a done deal and the book's in your hands, it only takes one phone call or email for the seller to learn that the 'going rate' might be a lot higher than he/she suspected.

Much as I'd like to follow the hunt for this final piece of the puzzle, I tend to agree that keeping mum about it is the wiser choice. In fact, I wouldn't ever mention any leads if/when you come across 'em...until it's a done deal and the book's in your hands, it only takes one phone call or email for the seller to learn that the 'going rate' might be a lot higher than he/she suspected.

From the e-mail I got, the seller seems well aware of how hard I've been looking, and made a point of saying he had no intention of gauging me, and was making $150 markup on it. But I don't know who he is, and daren't say, and therefore could be heading for a fall, or could be incredibly lucky and fortunate. It truly IS down to human nature and human kindness. I can neither prove nor disprove it until I learn more. So far he hasn't replied since his initial e-mail.

I see Deathlok hasn't responded yet, so let me be his stand in:

sleeping.gifsleeping.gif

I see Deathlok hasn't responded yet, so let me by his stand in:

sleeping.gifsleeping.gif

893naughty-thumb.gif

From the e-mail I got, the seller seems well aware of how hard I've been looking, and made a point of saying he had no intention of gauging me, and was making $150 markup on it. But I don't know who he is, and daren't say, and therefore could be heading for a fall, or could be incredibly lucky and fortunate. It truly IS down to human nature and human kindness. I can neither prove nor disprove it until I learn more. So far he hasn't replied since his initial e-mail.

Excellent, excellent, excellent news. Hope it works out for you. Feel free to PM me if you'd like to bounce the name off me for verification.