• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Heritage Signature Auction - November

183 posts in this topic

I know the consignor on the FFs. He put together a run of the highest graded FFs that he could acquire from #1 - #100 several years ago and then pretty much disappeared. Even though he paid top dollar at the time, depending on the deal he made with Heritage, he'll still probably wind up doing fairly well especially on the #45 and other books that became much hotter over the last year.

I know the consignor on the FFs. He put together a run of the highest graded FFs that he could acquire from #1 - #100 several years ago and then pretty much disappeared. Even though he paid top dollar at the time, depending on the deal he made with Heritage, he'll still probably wind up doing fairly well especially on the #45 and other books that became much hotter over the last year.

It looks like he had an amazing collection. Will be fun to watch what prices those books will bring.

While I know its a tad bit early but I was surfing the listings and did you see the line up of high grade FF's! :o

It looks like he had an amazing collection. Will be fun to watch what prices those books will bring.

Well, since this is the GA boards, I assume all of you guys must be talking about Famous Funnies here. lol

Seriously though, how would this FF run stack up against Tom Brulato's run who is often acknowledged to have the top Marvel SA collection out there. Or is it possible that this is one and the same. hm

Not to mention the 9.9.

that 9.9 wasn't wasted on a nuthin' cover! what in the world will that fetch??

Do my eyes deceive me? In looking at the bottom edge of the 9.9 FF #55, it looks like there's a sizable chip in the area below the thing, where the red & black lines are on a yellow background. Shouldn't that have taken the book well below 9.9? The upper and lower left corners don't look that sharp, either.

Not to mention the 9.9.

Do my eyes deceive me? In looking at the bottom edge of the 9.9 FF #55, it looks like there's a sizable chip in the area below the thing, where the red & black lines are on a yellow background. Shouldn't that have taken the book well below 9.9? The upper and lower left corners don't look that sharp, either.

The upper left corner is what caught my eye.

Not to mention the 9.9.

hard to tell for sure from the scan but ...

While I know its a tad bit early but I was surfing the listings and did you see the line up of high grade FF's! :o

Well, since this is the GA boards, I assume all of you guys must be talking about Famous Funnies here. lol

Seriously though, how would this FF run stack up against Tom Brulato's run who is often acknowledged to have the top Marvel SA collection out there. Or is it possible that this is one and the same. hm

This book was owned by Steve Diamant at one time. See the Metropolis Comics video. It looks like he paid 16K for it. Not a bad investment at all! :applause:

I did run into him at the NYC Con in October 2014. He was rifling through SuperworldComics FF Silver Age boxes.

The FF collection up on Heritage looks like it is Steve's. He loved his high grade FF's. I recognize and sold him a few of those books.

Brulato's collection is comparable, only Brulato's is complete including a #1 CGC 9.6 with everything else probably being 9.8 and a few 9.6's where CGC 9.8 copies were not available.

Brulato's collection is comparable, only Brulato's is complete including a #1 CGC 9.6 with everything else probably being 9.8 and a few 9.6's where CGC 9.8 copies were not available.

(thumbs u

Hands down, the top FF collection.

Not to mention the 9.9.

hard to tell for sure from the scan but ...

Haven't you guys learned anything here yet.........buy the label, not the book!!! lol:tonofbricks:

That #45 will be a home run. Assuming he's the guy who paid $5k for it in 2012, he's probably going to do 5x or better on that book. A 9.2 is a $4k book right now.