• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Heritage Signature Auction - November

183 posts in this topic

I'm going to toot my own horn a little bit and I think this thread is close enough.

Over the summer an 89 year old gentleman called me up looking to buy comics from a local ad I had in the paper. Well after a long conversation about our favorite artists we started talking about original artwork. He said he had an original Batman piece by a famous local artist that he traded for a stack of comics back in the 1960's.

That artist I suspected after a long conversation was Mel Ramos. He's more pop art than comic book artist. But that's not such a bad thing since this was possibly one of the missing pieces from a famous series done in the early 60's.

So the next day I headed over to his place and sure enough it had the Leo Castelli (NY gallery) sticker right on the back. So I thought helping him put it in an auction was the best thing. It's now coming up in Heritage's Modern Art Auction in late October.

Some may notice it's a taken from a pre Robin tec opening splash page. :grin:

http://fineart.ha.com/itm/fine-art-painting/mel-ramos-b-1935-a-sinister-figure-lurks-in-the-shadows-1962-oil-on-canvas-18-3-8-x-13-1-4-inches-467-x-337-cm-total-3-items-/a/5262-69028.s?ic4=GalleryView-ShortDescription-071515

When they rolled out the new site, someone posted in General and encouraged feedback. Linky. Let's carpet-bomb them! :banana:

I'm afraid you carpet-bomb campaign will be defused by the Google mandate that websites be formatted for the majority of search query users that access Google using a hand held device and not a desktop computer. Hence, Heritage reformatted their website and will not return to the old version.

In my neighborhood you caught an arse whuppin' if found with a D.C....... but not as bad as a Harvey. I always carried mine in to the house in the center of my small stack :busy: GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

(thumbs u Top 5 post of the year candidate.

I'm going to toot my own horn a little bit and I think this thread is close enough.

Over the summer an 89 year old gentleman called me up looking to buy comics from a local ad I had in the paper. Well after a long conversation about our favorite artists we started talking about original artwork. He said he had an original Batman piece by a famous local artist that he traded for a stack of comics back in the 1960's.

That artist I suspected after a long conversation was Mel Ramos. He's more pop art than comic book artist. But that's not such a bad thing since this was possibly one of the missing pieces from a famous series done in the early 60's.

So the next day I headed over to his place and sure enough it had the Leo Castelli (NY gallery) sticker right on the back. So I thought helping him put it in an auction was the best thing. It's now coming up in Heritage's Modern Art Auction in late October.

Some may notice it's a taken from a pre Robin tec opening splash page. :grin:

http://fineart.ha.com/itm/fine-art-painting/mel-ramos-b-1935-a-sinister-figure-lurks-in-the-shadows-1962-oil-on-canvas-18-3-8-x-13-1-4-inches-467-x-337-cm-total-3-items-/a/5262-69028.s?ic4=GalleryView-ShortDescription-071515

Very nice piece