• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

We got The Dark Knight coming out the wazoo!! 30 Variant covers of Batman!!!

23 posts in this topic

Count them, 30 COVERS!!!

Dark Knight III: The Master Race Gets Over 30 Variant Covers

http://comicbook.com/2015/09/11/dark-knight-iii-the-master-race-gets-over-30-variant-covers/

Yeah that doesn't scream desperation on DC's part :roflmao: at this point they are just hoping to hook the collectors and completionists.

The actual Diamond books for order are:

DARK KNIGHT III MASTER RACE #1 (OF 8)

DARK KNIGHT III MASTER RACE #1 (OF 8) 1:10 JANSON VARIANT ED

DARK KNIGHT III MASTER RACE #1 (OF 8) 1:25 KUBERT VAR ED

DARK KNIGHT III MASTER RACE #1 (OF 8) 1:50 VAR ED

DARK KNIGHT III MASTER RACE #1 (OF 8) 1:100 MILLER VAR ED

DARK KNIGHT III MASTER RACE #1 (OF 8) 1:500 JIM LEE VAR ED

DARK KNIGHT III MASTER RACE #1 (OF 8) 1:5000 LEE ORIGINAL SKETCH VA

DARK KNIGHT III MASTER RACE #1 (OF 8) BLANK VAR ED (meet or exceed orders for Batman #43 and order all you want)

and then on 12/9

DARK KNIGHT III MASTER RACE #1 (OF 8) COLLECTORS ED HC

Over/under on the total number of 1:5000 copies that actually end up being allocated?

Probably 1.

Someone will pony up and do it. As stupid as it is.

Not sure why anyone wouldn't just buy some published Lee OA for that cost.

Count them, 30 COVERS!!!

http://comicbook.com/2015/09/11/dark-knight-iii-the-master-race-gets-over-30-variant-covers/

Yeah that doesn't scream desperation on DC's part :roflmao: at this point they are just hoping to hook the collectors and completionists.

Was Marvel desperate when they released Star Wars #1 with 80+ variant covers? Or were they smart seeing as how Star Wars #1 was the top title for the month and the best selling title this century.

I think this will mark the end of DC Completionists.

I bailed after the start of the "new 52" when I saw how many

variants they were putting out. As of the last time I looked,

DC was averaging 12 variants per week for EVERY week since

the "new 52" began (2500 and counting). In less than 4 years,

they produced more variants than they had in all of the previous

76+ years put together.

Count them, 30 COVERS!!!

Didn't Marvel just do the same thing with Amazing Spiderman #1?

Count them, 30 COVERS!!!

Considering a lot of them are store variants, is this even on DC? It seems like a way to create money for DC and for the respective stores. It seems like a win win and not desperation at all, IMO.

Count them, 30 COVERS!!!

Considering a lot of them are store variants, is this even on DC? It seems like a way to create money for DC and for the respective stores. It seems like a win win and not desperation at all, IMO.

But that doesn't fit into the thinking of the pro-Marvel cheerleaders on these boards.

DC does it = desperation

Marvel does it = innovative

Star Wars #1 is a far better example with over 70 variants for issue #1. Did Amazing Spider-Man #1 have that many variants?

Count them, 30 COVERS!!!

But that doesn't fit into the thinking of the pro-Marvel cheerleaders on these boards.

DC does it = desperation

Marvel does it = innovative

Star Wars #1 is a far better example with over 70 variants for issue #1. Did Amazing Spider-Man #1 have that many variants?

To me I didn't like the variants on the ASM1 or Star Wars either, but still this tastes a lot worse in my mouth just becuase they are essentially taking a man's legacy and one of the best works of our medium and clearly milking it for every last $.

Sure ASM1 and Star Wars had big legacies, but it was a continuation of Slott's run and a Jason Aaron book (both great writers but they have yet to make an impact the size of Miller's DD/DKR/Sin City/300).

I'll buy the trade, I'm sure it'll be cool. Buying a super rare variant for this limited series though seems very silly.

P.S. How do you get away with calling a book "The Master Race" in 2015, especially from the guy who wrote Holy Terror.