• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Posting images on site

11 posts in this topic

I have about 90 ASM books that I am looking to sell. Putting all the image tags from Photobucket is a _pain_. Is there a better way of getting these images on the site?

I am usually pretty OCD when posting pictures -- but this would be a bit much.

Thanks in advance.

On this site click "Reply" or "Quote" to someone's post and then underneath the reply-text box use the drop-down to select "using HTML and UBBCode". Then you just past the embed code you copy from YouTube.

On YouTube under the video click "Share" and then click "Embed" and right click/copy the code for pasting here.

Someone else will have to explain bulk Photobucket tags for here. :)

I have about 90 ASM books that I am looking to sell. Putting all the image tags from Photobucket is a _pain_. Is there a better way of getting these images on the site?

I am usually pretty OCD when posting pictures -- but this would be a bit much.

Thanks in advance.

Nothing worth a buck is not without it's effort.

If the books are not worth the effort, there is always ebay.

Not to put meaning to the OP's post, but I think the question is how to bulk-upload here. Not to the hosting services. Quote: "Putting all the image tags from Photobucket is a pain. Is there a better way of getting these images on the site?"

Right? (shrug) Like those Sale threads showing 20 thumbnails in rows of 5. I'm assuming the OP wants to know if there's a down & dirty way to post a quick 90 on here. (and man I hate assuming, but it would be an interesting answer to read)

Not to put meaning to the OP's post, but I think the question is how to bulk-upload here. Not to the hosting services. Quote: "Putting all the image tags from Photobucket is a pain. Is there a better way of getting these images on the site?"

Right? (shrug) Like those Sale threads showing 20 thumbnails in rows of 5. I'm assuming the OP wants to know if there's a down & dirty way to post a quick 90 on here. (and man I hate assuming, but it would be an interesting answer to read)

It would be great if CGC would consider hosting images here -- but there is a lot of associated costs -- lots of bandwidth, lots of storage.

My problem is just sheer production:

I have 90 comics -- 180 scans.

I have named each file accordingly -- e.g. Amazing Spider Man #213 front cover is asm-v1-213-front.jpg.

I have gotten the images uploaded on a site. NOTE -- I did move to flickr.com, does seem a little easier.

Now I have to get 180 HTML tags to put into a post. I don't want to open each image, do a couple of clicks and then copy a tag and then paste it....then lather, rinse, repeat another 179 times.

Just trying to find a simpler way of doing this stuff.

Is there a better way of getting these images on the site?

Just use the Board's built in picture option. It's really easy once you figure it out.

1. Your picture must be under 200 kb

Recommended specs:

72 dpi

About 13-14" tall

Save as jpg file format, medium compression

That should get you under 200 kb

2. For each post, select "File Manager". This brings up an upload window. You browse to your file on your machine and upload it. Add other files if wanted. You can upload 5 files per post.

3. Say "Done adding files". Submit your post. Images in post. Easy!

Drawback - for some reason, the Board does not quote it's own images. You can copy and paste the image location in a reply, but it won't automatically quote the image.

Benefits - no messing around with other companies, html or other stuff that gets in the way of posting comics.

The pictures stay. As long as CGC runs the boards, the pictures will be there.

Try it a few times and you'll wonder why people mess around with all the outside image hosting services.

157776.jpg.7ac94b2587a63691270a309ff8af2b60.jpg

157778.jpg.23be3febc6709307bc0b9bfbc164ceaa.jpg

I have been using Imagebam, its free, and allows batch uploading.

Once the upload is complete, it provides a bit of code (BBcode or HTML) for a hyperlinked thumbnail for each individual image, as well as a single complete code which includes a hyperklinked thumbnail for every uploaded image.

It also has a gallery creation option, but I havent used this.