• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Next Submission

216 posts in this topic

Today I just sent off a 6 book submission.

Flash #1/2 -- I'd give it a 9.6 without even examining it. Very possibly a 9.8 or higher. I'm hoping for higher to get the top census copy. 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

New Teen Titans #2 -- solid 9.4 to 9.6

Spectacular Spider-Man #1 -- 9.0

Star Wars #1 -- 8.5 to 9.0

Uncanny X-Men #171 -- solid 9.4

Uncanny X-Men #266 -- 9.4 to 9.6

I'm sure some people will laugh at what I submit, but my response to those is: Eat my and worry about your own. thumbsup2.gif

I'm sure some people will laugh at what I submit, but my response to those is: Eat my and worry about your own. thumbsup2.gif

Chill my brother, no one is ragging on your submission thumbsup2.gif

To each his own gossip.gif

Today I just sent off a 6 book submission.

Flash #1/2 -- I'd give it a 9.6 without even examining it. Very possibly a 9.8 or higher. I'm hoping for higher to get the top census copy. 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

New Teen Titans #2 -- solid 9.4 to 9.6

Spectacular Spider-Man #1 -- 9.0

Star Wars #1 -- 8.5 to 9.0

Uncanny X-Men #171 -- solid 9.4

Uncanny X-Men #266 -- 9.4 to 9.6

So, either I'm better at this than I thought, or CGC just used my last post and graded accordingly insane.gif

Just got them back today, much sooner than anticipated 893applaud-thumb.gifheadbang.gif

Here are the grades: P.S. All 6 books have "WHITE pages"

Flash #1/2 -- I originally gave it a solid 9.6, but really expected it to be at least a 9.8. There is really nothing I can see wrong with the book. Gonna have to call for graders notes on this one. But I guess I did hit it on the head. CGC Grade: 9.6

New Teen Titans #2 -- I said "solid 9.4 to 9.6." CGC Grade: 9.4

Spectacular Spider-Man #1 -- I gave it a 9.0, eventhough it probably could have been lower, but CGC Grade: 9.2

Star Wars #1 -- This one really took me for a loop. I gave it an 8.5 or so. I thought it was a definite 8.0 at least. CGC Grade: 7.0 foreheadslap.gif

Uncanny X-Men #171 -- I gave it a solid 9.4. CGC: 9.4

Uncanny X-Men #266 -- This is the one I sent into PGX, thinking it was a 9.6, along with a few others who saw the book. PGX gave it a 9.4. With all the talk about PGX being tough on moderns, I thought I'd test the waters and compare the two companies. CGC Grade: 9.4 At any rate, I definitely feel that PGX really does a good job at grading books like this. I just like CGC's labels better.

Personally I think that CGC is tougher on Moderns. A few I sent in to PGX came back 9.4/9/6 and I really feel they would be 9.6/9.8 if I had just stuck with CGC on them.

By the way Russ, the UXM 171 that came back 9.4 was a book I bought from you guys thumbsup2.gif Very happy about that purchase.

Is there tanning on the Star Wars? I ask because I had an Avengers 17 that structurally was a vf+ vf/nm but because of tanning, it was lowered to a 7.0. It is now in a mylar cloud9.gif

No tanning that I can find. It does a fairly big (4mm or more) indention, but it doesn't break any color. I'm really confused by the grade, especially when the page quality was great.

Is there tanning on the Star Wars? I ask because I had an Avengers 17 that structurally was a vf+ vf/nm but because of tanning, it was lowered to a 7.0. It is now in a mylar cloud9.gif

No tanning that I can find. It does a fairly big (4mm or more) indention, but it doesn't break any color. I'm really confused by the grade, especially when the page quality was great.

hm, call cgc and see what the graders notes say.

I don't think page quality gets factored into the grade unless there's tanning or brittle pages. I've seen 9.6s with cream pages.