• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Next Submission

216 posts in this topic

I had this one pegged correctly, Aces. Structurally, it is a 9.2 (there is very minor corner blunting and a tiny color fleck missing from the spine, visible in person), but has that darn dime-sized stain on the back cover near the spine, and we all know how much CGC loves to crush books with even barely perceptible stains.

The ST 110 should have been a 9.0, and although I feel robbed on the FF5, I can see the point of view of someone grading it a 7.0.

That Hulk book is very sweet, and outside of the trimming aspect(which I cant tell), I see no reason why this book would not grade out at a 9.2.

Sweet copy, but they don't just hand out the high grades for Hulk #1-6 27_laughing.gifinsane.gif

I'll go with a 9.0 sumo.gif

acclaim.gif

I think that ST 110 is a 9.2!

On the assumption that there is also light wear associated with the dirt along the spine on the back cover, I think you are looking at an 8.5, perhaps an 8.0, depending on structure and PQ concerns that books from the early to mid-60's often have, which do not translate in scans very well. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

acclaim.gifacclaim.gif

Damn you, Divad, for being so right! acclaim.gif (although for the wrong reasons on the Strange Tales, which has a near-pristine white back cover, and only suffers from 3-4 small spine stresses).

In my opinion, the current grading in Sarasota is running very tough

I agree. Based on submissions a year a ago and the last few months they have notched up grading toughness. Based on my BA books, they used to allow one or two slight stress marks on the spine and still get a 9.4. Now, I've yet to see ANY books grade 9.4 with any spine stress marks. They almost always get notched down immediately to 9.0, bypassing 9.2. Also, if there's even a hint of non-sharp corners, and there's no other problems--you now get 9.2 where sometimes you would get a slight benefit of a 9.4. No more.

I can't speak for their GA/SA grading, however.

893applaud-thumb.gif Uh, those are all moderns, right? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

One victory at a time! If you saw my first batch in the BA Horror Thread, you would say I've come a long way in just a year!

thumbsup2.gifthumbsup2.gifthumbsup2.gif