• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Interesting Misprint.....

7 posts in this topic

Came across this oddity today where the entire cover was blank except for the green foil for Hulk 2099 #1. Even the back cover is all white. Normally for foil error covers, I see the foil not being applied correctly or it's totally missing while everything else is printed. This is like totally reverse. Anyone else see any other misprint books as bad as this?

Please note that the scanner is not picking up the green foil color on the front cover, but it's green. :grin:

1783a_zps0kyjq5tp.jpg

1783b_zpskcb9bovw.jpg

Test book, to see if the foil would apply properly.

Neat.

Good to know. I wonder how many of these test books are out there. Are they usually destroyed afterward since I'm assuming they're not supposed to be out in the wild?

They're not supposed to be out, and yes, they're supposed to be destroyed, but people working at the printers often can't resist taking these "souvenirs" home, and they eventually make their way out.

There are all sorts of such books out there, and though only a few of them command a premium, they're all kind of neat.

I would suspect that Spiderman 2099 #1 has copies like this, being the first 2099 title, unless they were destroyed.