• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Double Take Comics

42 posts in this topic

I read a little bit of one of the issues, and it had an 8 year old little girl who kept using extreme curse words in everything she said and the adults acted very unfazed by it... weird.

She had me cracking up with some of her remarks but I figured she was like Stewie from Family Guy...she speaks her own language that no one else understands (shrug)

Good question dont know. Maybe some retailers can some in and tell us. My shops didnt order big, but what they ordered did sell. While thats a good thing its also a bad thing because there arent anymore copies available and wont be till the next issue comes out. Its kinda a double edge sword. You want to sell out, but really want copies around for people to read.

I am thru 6 of the No1s and like someone mention earlier the little girl is my favorite character so far. I am dying to know why she can act they way she can and no one notices. I havent had time to read all the other yet maybe this afternoon.

Good question dont know. Maybe some retailers can some in and tell us. My shops didnt order big, but what they ordered did sell. While thats a good thing its also a bad thing because there arent anymore copies available and wont be till the next issue comes out. Its kinda a double edge sword. You want to sell out, but really want copies around for people to read.

I am thru 6 of the No1s and like someone mention earlier the little girl is my favorite character so far. I am dying to know why she can act they way she can and no one notices. I havent had time to read all the other yet maybe this afternoon.

Totally with you on the sell out vs copies left to read, however I have a lot of faith with this being a Take Two endevour that digital will be aggressively purseued. Also look at the price points compared to other books on the stands, they want people to read these. Wouldn't be surprised to see a "humble bundle' type of deal of PDFs.

I had the $20 pack in hand on Wednesday, but put it up when I saw the Gwenpools. Went back a couple days later and it was gone, haven't checked other stores yet.

I would have gone with the Gwenpools also but you're in luck.

http://www.midtowncomics.com/store/dp.asp?PRID=Double+Take+Super+Pack+Se_1460255

THis was from Midtown-- came ups in a big box- surprised they offered free shipping. Each 10 pack is wrapped and snug in the box. I imagine they look just like the normal super pack, which is just 1 set of 10 instead of 10 sets of 10 'the hundy'.

Forbes magazine article this week. Interesting how they view their TV and Film rights.

Reviving the Dead

It is interesting and makes sense. A cheap/free idea and low budget production plans with the idea of making money though good storytelling. I also like the blitzkrieg marketing. No doubt that they are all in.

Midtown went from being sold out of these to having them for $102 shipped to now just under $150 a box.

http://www.midtowncomics.com/store/dp.asp?PRID=Double+Take+Collectors+Bo_1460254

Still, for under $1.50 per book, very inexpensive. I also like that they made these available for free initially on more than one site. Cheap for the collector and free for the reader.

Saw these on the shelf at the LCS with no idea what they were. Opened two of them to see really unremarkable art with a strange direction and color palette. I can see the novelty, but there are too many excellent books coming out to spend precious reading time on these.