• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DUMBEST EBAY QUESTIONS

14 posts in this topic

When I'm auctioning items on Ebay, I seem to get this one at least once a day...."How much is shipping?". Of course this is followed by no detail as to where the person inquiring actually lives.

You could just reply with the classic line:

"If you have to ask, you can't afford it."

devil.gif

Remember the immortal words of Mister Garrison. "There are no dumb questions. Only dumb people."

Is that what Mr. Hat would say too!

Ze-

hi.gif

Remember the immortal words of Mister Garrison. "There are no dumb questions. Only dumb people."

Is that what Mr. Hat would say too!

Ze-

hi.gif

No...Mister Hat would say "You DIE! You DIE and you go to HELL!" That's what Mister Hat would say.

But I have no idea what Mister Twig would say! 27_laughing.gif

When I'm auctioning items on Ebay, I seem to get this one at least once a day...."How much is shipping?". Of course this is followed by no detail as to where the person inquiring actually lives.

That doesn't seem that dumb. Many dealers have a flat fee regardless as to where you live, and list it in their auction. "$5.00 Priority, $2.50 Media", that kind of thing. Why would they have to ask you how much shipping is in the first place? Don't you list it in your auctions?

I hate to correct you Poverty, but it's actually" "There are no stupid questions. Only stupid people." and Mr. Hat would say "You go to hell. You go to hell and you die!"

Yes, you are correct it IS "stupid" as opposed to "dumb". But I do confess my Mister Hat cite WAS a mistake. You are correct it should begin "You go to HELL!" I have seen that episode ("Cartman Gets An Anal Probe") maybe, literally, 75 times. So I confess my "stupid" was a genuine mistake BUT my HELL was a classic Pov error! frown.gif

It is nice to see another SP afficianado.

I hate to correct you Poverty, but it's actually" "There are no stupid questions. Only stupid people." and Mr. Hat would say "You go to hell. You go to hell and you die!"

Yes, you are correct it IS "stupid" as opposed to "dumb". But I do confess my Mister Hat cite WAS a mistake. You are correct it should begin "You go to HELL!" I have seen that episode ("Cartman Gets An Anal Probe") maybe, literally, 75 times. So I confess my "stupid" was a genuine mistake BUT my HELL was a classic Pov error! frown.gif

That episode was just on tonight.. it has so many classic 1 liners I lost count.

No kitty.. this is MY pot pie...

Meeoow?

Ze-

That episode was just on tonight.. it has so many classic 1 liners I lost count.

Meeoow?

Ze-

Funny thing. I believe it was the very first commercial SP episode and it, along with VOLCANO, remain my favorites (I think VOLCANO was the second?).

Yes, it has quotable line after quotable line! I really have to respect how much, in the Cartman Gets An Anal Probe episode, they setup so many of the recurring characters. Chef. Ms. Crabtree. Mister Garrison. Officer Barbrady. Plus the interactions of Stan, Kyle, Kenny and Cartman. All of this establishing a solid grounding in a 30 minute (minus commercials) episode? A true triumph of writing and editing!

That doesn't seem that dumb. Many dealers have a flat fee regardless as to where you live, and list it in their auction. "$5.00 Priority, $2.50 Media", that kind of thing. Why would they have to ask you how much shipping is in the first place? Don't you list it in your auctions?

What's listed in the auction details is "Buy pays exact shipping, no handling charges". I don't profit from shipping. Even if you were inquiring about a flat fee, wouldn't you state your location? I ship oversees also. I haven't seen too many sellers that charge flat rates outside of the USA. It's alot cheaper from the USA to Canada than from the USA to Timbucktoo. The whole point here is ask intelligent questions that don't require another question. "I live in Canada and would like airmail shipping. What would be my cost"?

What's listed in the auction details is "Buy pays exact shipping, no handling charges". I don't profit from shipping. Even if you were inquiring about a flat fee, wouldn't you state your location? I ship oversees also. I haven't seen too many sellers that charge flat rates outside of the USA. It's alot cheaper from the USA to Canada than from the USA to Timbucktoo. The whole point here is ask intelligent questions that don't require another question. "I live in Canada and would like airmail shipping. What would be my cost"?

If you get asked that question every single day, that should tell you something. When I don't see a dollar amount listed, I ask, too. If you say that the winner will pay exact shipping, it begs the question, "O.k then, what IS the exact shipping?" If I don't know what shipping is going to cost, I do NOT bid.

Maybe it would help if you listed what the exact shipping charge will be in the US, to Canada, to the UK, etc. Or maybe you can just tell people how you'd like them to phrase their questions if they send them. poke2.gifsmile.gif

Doh !!!!

I was looking at one of your auction's last night and almost sent in a question about shipping. Wherever you have the exact shipping quote statement, it must not have been in the place that I was looking. You might want to consider highlighting the statement for us slow people. wink.gif

Meeoow?

Ze-

Funny thing. I believe it was the very first commercial SP episode and it, along with VOLCANO, remain my favorites (I think VOLCANO was the second?).

Yes, it has quotable line after quotable line! I really have to respect how much, in the Cartman Gets An Anal Probe episode, they setup so many of the recurring characters. Chef. Ms. Crabtree. Mister Garrison. Officer Barbrady. Plus the interactions of Stan, Kyle, Kenny and Cartman. All of this establishing a solid grounding in a 30 minute (minus commercials) episode? A true triumph of writing and editing!

"Of course I want Cheesy Poofs™!"

I believe it's also the only episode actually animated by the creators.