• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

First Gotham City - Batman 4 or Tec 48?

19 posts in this topic

Forgive me if this has been discussed, but I recently acquired a Batman 4 CGC 3.0, and the label denotes first mention of Gotham City. However, I've also seen that same notation on Detective Comics 48. Technically, the Batman issue predates Tec 48, so what am I missing here? It seems that the first mention would be more sought-after and therefore more valuable.

I skimmed through my Batman Cronicles which reprints all the early Batman stories. The last Batman story in Batman #4 definitely mentions Gotham City.

I didn't notice it mentioned at all in Tec #48, though I was in a hurry and may have missed it. I'll try to have a closer look later on when I have more time.

That's like calling both the Tec 140 and Batman 171 the first Riddler appearance :grin: Although, the gap in publishing dates is a lot more substantial there (17 years vs two months). Given the relatively short timespan between the Tec 48 and Batman 4, I can see how the first mention could be attributed to either one.

21529679651_18422b5117_c.jpg

Gotham City mentioned on page 3 in Det 48

Who cares about Gotham City ???

That is THE 1st mention of the Top Hat Club which went on to become Gotham City's premier adult strip club :o

Cant argue with that :applause: