• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The all things STAR WARS (Film/TV only) thread.

54 posts in this topic

Will there be credits at the front of star wars movies now? And, if so, won't that ruin the whole opening crawl thing?

For those that don't know... george lucas quit the actors guild or union or whatever it's called back in the 70's because they required that actors credits be shown at the beginning of the movie, but lucas felt that would be distracting, especially since the movie begins with that text opening crawl. But now that disney owns lucasfilm, and I'm assuming disney is a part of this guild/union thing, doesn't that mean they'll have to put the actors credits at the front of the movie?

Will there be credits at the front of star wars movies now? And, if so, won't that ruin the whole opening crawl thing?

For those that don't know... george lucas quit the actors guild or union or whatever it's called back in the 70's because they required that actors credits be shown at the beginning of the movie, but lucas felt that would be distracting, especially since the movie begins with that text opening crawl. But now that disney owns lucasfilm, and I'm assuming disney is a part of this guild/union thing, doesn't that mean they'll have to put the actors credits at the front of the movie?

Disney is huge. I doubt they would have to quit the actors guild in order to do what they want. That would be a bigger blow to the actors guild than Disney. I hope they keep the tradition alive.

I've seen a lot of movies lately that didn't have the credits at the beginning. I think Avengers Age of Ultron skipped it actually...?

It was hard to read the article when the first paragraph was wrong. Kenner didn't fall behind on producing action figures. They never had plans to produce them in the first place until the movie was a hit. And because it took a year lead time to go from concept to production, they went with the Early Bird packaging for Christmas.

Local terminal cancer patient's dying Star Wars wish goes viral

http://www.click2houston.com/news/local-terminal-cancer-patients-dying-star-wars-wish-goes-viral/36136054

Here's hoping he gets his wish. I mean what harm would it do to give this guy a private screening? Plus the positive publicity alone would be great for both the mouse and JJ.

http://screenrant.com/star-wars-movies-best-deleted-scenes/?utm_source=SR-FB-P&utm_medium=Social-Distribution&utm_campaign=SR-FB-P

10 Star Wars Movie Scenes You’ve Never Seen

Really happy these met the cutting room floor.

The only ones I think would have been interesting were SEEDS OF THE REBELLION and ENDOR’S FATE