• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DC COMICS "THE SHADOW"

13 posts in this topic

I picked up the entire run of 12 comics from a dealer at a show.

I always thought it was a terrific series, both with art and stories and maybe a little underrated.

<a  href=https://farm3.staticflickr.com/2894/9310547132_b2455a02cf_z.jpg' alt='9310547132_b2455a02cf_z.jpg'>IMG THE SHADOW #1

mm

The original in house advertisements for the Shadow featured some beautiful Bernie Wrightson art. As much as I like Kaluta, I was pretty disappointed when the book arrived without the Wrightson art. Just thinking about what could have been...

wrightkamandi.jpg

There are soooooooooooooooo many of these out there, it boggles the mind. :insane:

Still a satisfying and attainable run to complete for budget collectors, if they want something new. It may just be their gateway to the Golden age, or to pulps, or just help you sell those unbagged 80's and 90's issues everyone pushed aside. Win-win-win all around.

There are soooooooooooooooo many of these out there, it boggles the mind. :insane:

Still a satisfying and attainable run to complete for budget collectors, if they want something new. It may just be their gateway to the Golden age, or to pulps, or just help you sell those unbagged 80's and 90's issues everyone pushed aside. Win-win-win all around.

No argument there. :)