• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Heritage bump

47 posts in this topic

Oh well, I'll watch it for a few days and see what I want to do next. There are a few nice books on eBay now that I'm watching so this book on Heritage can take a back seat! mad.gif

P.S. The max bid is not a bad deal but [!@#%^&^] it! wink.gif

HI All: Check out Lot 5085 ASM 9 9.2 $245000.00. Do you think someones pants may be a little soiled? If Heritage didn't make a mistake keying in the bumps.

How the hell can that book be at that price without TWO seperate people bidding it up that much or without Heritage putting in a bogus bid?? mad.gifmad.gifmad.gif

There are a bunch of weirdo prices! Last week there were less than 10,000 "members", now there are over 10,100...I see suspect someone's signing up multiple accounts in an attempt to ruin the auction. Let's see what happens to these questionable listings...

Whether it is "new" members creating havok or renegade Heritage employees, it happened about 11:00 am this morning. It seemed like everything jumped. pretty f'n weak I would say - no subtly at all. Haven't they ever heard that it is nice to get kissed before you get screwed?

Ex-CUSE me, I really don't appreciate you calling my bidding habits "stupid." That All-Flash 16 is really rare in that grade!!!

Yo...dude.....what the hell was I thinkin'?........I meant "idiotic"....not "stupid".......sorry for the goof. crazy.gif

Now let's speak hypothetically that Heritage is bumping the auction totals. The only way to feasibly do this to so many auctions in so short a time, is through a straight data load.

Now I can recount many times where data was refreshed to the tables, and errors found later where an extra zero or two had found their way into the translation tables.

Not saying it's happened here, but the results are incredibly suspicious.

I don't know anything about computer data stuff. But i do know that if they have entered a bunch of silly numbers and no one else bites after the bump, they will have an awful lot of books to sell in the so-called bargain bin the day after. As a matter of fact that is what I think I am going to do - just wait and see what is left over and find out what the real asking price is as that makes a lot more sense than bidding against god knows who or what.