• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Heritage bump

47 posts in this topic

Check your bids again folks, the million-dollar All Flash is now less then $1k, and they've pulled a bunch of (apparently) bogus bids!

I love it......the estimate on that top link you provided is given as $5 to $60.......so they naturally START the bidding at $50. crazy.gif

And then.....the same book in the same grade on the bottom link for much less.

If there is logical explanation.....I can't think of one. confused.gif

Hey Buggy,

Not sure if anyone gave you a clear answer on the bumps, and why you don't need two people bidding, but...

Heritage automatically raises the prices on all their lots that haven't met reserve to just under the reserve (so the next bid will put it over) a few days before the auction is scheduled to end. This way they can keep the appearance that they started everything low and their might have been some real bargains, but now everything has been bid up.

Basically on many items, it's you vs. the reserve.

Is this something that they have ever admitted to doing?

I don't doubt it at all......given what I've just witnessed. So I assume that these HUGE prices where just a typo by the person that entered the "bump" numbers then?

Man......this seem like the biggest and most blatant in your face scam that I have ever seen in my entire life. Why do any of you people still do business with them? I know they get amazing books in their auctions......but it's just not worth me taking it in the [!@#%^&^] to get one of them......even if it's my personal holy grail. confused.gif

I support their ebay auctions since they seem to lay off a bit...although there was one ID that was really questionable...mad.gif Anyways, I hope that people boycott this kind of behavior. Truly absurd.

Perhaps it may be time to yoke the oxen, hoist that 20 ton boulder back up that craggy tor, and re-bait that C.I. Memorial Booby Trap. Maybe some computer geek tweaking up bids on your Heritage Holy-Grails might hopefully, thankfully, accidentally blither into it!!!! Who knows??

Man........are you really this much a shadow of your former self? ...........lousy troller. animal-smiley-068.gif

If you'd read posts made by other people instead of just trolling through mine.................you'd notice that hammer requested it. smirk.gif

Me --------> sport-smiley-009.gifanimal-smiley-037.gif <------ Khaos following me around like a puppy (just like old times)

why dont they just start the auctions at the reserves. Nothing like bookmarking 50 items watching them for a month and then finding out they all have ridiculous reserves. Damned waste of time I'll spend my cash elsewhere

why dont they just start the auctions at the reserves. Nothing like bookmarking 50 items watching them for a month and then finding out they all have ridiculous reserves. Damned waste of time I'll spend my cash elsewhere

I hear ya! I was gonna do some heavy bidding at the Signature auction, but not any more. frown.gif

Cheers,

Bachelor of Comics