• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Meh

114 posts in this topic

Insofar as I may be heard by anything, which may or may not care what I say, I ask, if it matters, that you be forgiven for anything you may have done or failed to do which requires forgiveness. Conversely, if not forgiveness but something else may be required to ensure any possible benefit for which you may be eligible, I ask that this, whatever it may be, be granted or withheld, as the case may be, in such a manner as to insure your receiving said benefit. I ask this in my capacity as your elected intermediary between yourself and that which may not be yourself, but which may have an interest in the matter of your receiving as much as it is possible for you to receive of this thing, and which may in some way be influenced by this ceremony. Amen.

who-can-argue.jpg

Deleting all yours posts because you created a thread that didn't go exactly as you planned (because once you start a thread, you can't control what others post)...?

hm

When he does it to you, you may possibly see some of the frustration. There is a reason that many have called it "being Kav'd" or "this is now a kav thread" or something along those lines.

He pulled some nonsense last year in a contest thread I ran and I can understand the frustration. While I would not have deleted all my posts, He did a few things where a few boardies and myself asked him to stop. He apologized then continued on doing the same thing. (There is a bit more but I am not going into the little details. I did in fact put him on ignore for awhile (he is the first person and only person that I put on ignore). Later on I removed him from ignore and will converse with him but he is still considered a non participant in any contest or sales thread I run in the future.

From the noob guide:

AGH - Ain't Gonna Happen

ASM - Amazing Spiderman

BA - Bronze Age

BC - Back Cover

CA - Copper Age

CF - Centerfold

CFO - Centerfold Out

CGC -Certified Guaranty Company (no it's not the 'comic grading company')

Costanza - Cover shrinkage - cause unknown

CBT - Color-breaking Tick

CPR - Crack, Press, Resubmit

CT - Color Touch (Restoration)

DB - person_who_is_obnoxiously_self-impressed

DBA - Don't Bother Asking

EA - Extensive Amateur (Restoration)

EP - Extensive Professional (Restoration)

FA - First Appearance

FB - Feedback

F/B - Flashback

FC - Front Cover

FDQ - [see above]

FTFY - Fixed That For You

GA - Golden Age

HG - High Grade

IBTL - In Before the Lock

ICYDK - In Case You Didn't Know

IDK - I Don't Know

IMO - In My Opinion

IMHO - In My Humble Opinion

IMSM - Iron Man Sub Mariner

JIM - Journey Into Mystery

JK/JS - Jack Kirby/Joe Simon

LG - Low Grade

LCS - Local Comic Shop

MHC - Mile High Collection

MMMS - Merry Marvel Marching Society

MOS - Man of Steel

MTU - Marvel Team-Up

NARU - Not a Registered User

NCB - Non-Color Breaking

NPB - Non-Paying Bidder

OA - Original Art

OP - Original Poster

QFT - Quoted For Truth

SA - Slight Amateur (Restoration)

SA - Silver Age

SCS - Spine Cover Separation

SDCC - San Diego Comic-Con

SMH - Shaking My Head

SL/JK - Stan Lee/Jack Kirby

SP - Slight Professional (Restoration)

TOS - Tales of Suspense

TTA - Tales to Astonish

So typical. Did that empower you with something?

Please try to resist the temptation to list dozens...I could have done that myself. :)

Not sure why that got you so angry but I apologize I guess.

Why? I asked folks to not post dozens. You posted a slew. And many unrelated to comics. Seriously? Shaking My Head? I Don't know? In My Opinion? In Case You Don't Know? Don;t Bother Asking? You put no effort in. Go the the noob guide and just copy/paste. You miss the spirit of the post. And just dump on it. Not angry. More disgusted. WTS? (What To Say?) ISHKB (I Should Have Known Better).

W (Whatever)

Disgust-anger's ugly stepchild.

Sorry I destroyed your evening.

Maybe a bit excessive. But couldn't you just have said..

tl;dr

Deleting all yours posts because you created a thread that didn't go exactly as you planned (because once you start a thread, you can't control what others post)...?

hm

When he does it to you, you may possibly see some of the frustration. There is a reason that many have called it "being Kav'd" or "this is now a kav thread" or something along those lines.

He pulled some nonsense last year in a contest thread I ran and I can understand the frustration. While I would not have deleted all my posts, He did a few things where a few boardies and myself asked him to stop. He apologized then continued on doing the same thing. (There is a bit more but I am not going into the little details. I did in fact put him on ignore for awhile (he is the first person and only person that I put on ignore). Later on I removed him from ignore and will converse with him but he is still considered a non participant in any contest or sales thread I run in the future.

Buzz to me you are top shelf guy, but somehow I don't understand the frustration over Kav. I consider him a friend as well,but I do see kav as a guy that just wants to be apart of the fun in threads. He's just being himself,and I can respect that.

hm

Buzz to me you are top shelf guy, but somehow I don't understand the frustration over Kav. I consider him a friend as well,but I do see kav as a guy that just wants to be apart of the fun in threads. He's just being himself,and I can respect that.

First Oak, I appreciate the comments. For the record, I do not consider Kav an enemy. I do not consider him a bad guy. I do know though what it is like to see Kav do his 'thing'. Kav knows what he did. He later apologized for it after being asked to stop. I took him off of 'ignore' but that does not mean that I welcome his participation in the next contest I run.

I recognize that how a thread evolves may not be to the original posters intent or even liking. Such is the way of the internet. I accept that. However, there is a difference between the way a thread evolves and what amounts to constant, repetitive, systematic threadcrapping.

I am sure he will see this. I am sure that I will be told that I have "butthurt" over the matter and people will believe what they want to believe. However, from my perspective, the town alcoholic may be an incredible person and at times I welcome conversing with them. However, that does not mean I welcome them into my bar. (And no, CGC Boards, I do not own a bar.)

darth-sidious-good-good-let-the-buthurt-flow-throu-ii8dva.jpeg

I am kidding of course. Yes, at times Kav can be overbearing. He was also the only person I had on ignore as well. Once I got to know him though, I learned that he is not a bad guy or intentionally does those things with . bad intent. As Oak said, that is just his personality and humor. Sometimes it is funny, other times a bit annoying :P

It's people with no sense of humor that have a problem with me. Buzz thought I was serious when I said I was gonna dress in silk jammies and round kick people on someone's lawn to protect their comics. So there's that.

hm

First Oak, I appreciate the comments. For the record, I do not consider Kav an enemy. I do not consider him a bad guy. I do know though what it is like to see Kav do his 'thing'. Kav knows what he did. He later apologized for it after being asked to stop. I took him off of 'ignore' but that does not mean that I welcome his participation in the next contest I run.

I recognize that how a thread evolves may not be to the original posters intent or even liking. Such is the way of the internet. I accept that. However, there is a difference between the way a thread evolves and what amounts to constant, repetitive, systematic threadcrapping.

I am sure he will see this. I am sure that I will be told that I have "butthurt" over the matter and people will believe what they want to believe. However, from my perspective, the town alcoholic may be an incredible person and at times I welcome conversing with them. However, that does not mean I welcome them into my bar. (And no, CGC Boards, I do not own a bar.)

:luhv: