• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ooh, I almost forgot! I wanted to say...

34 posts in this topic

If only there were a way to communicate this directly to the specific individuals to whom it is directed. A sort of non-public messaging system, as it were. Oh well.

this is perhaps a way of getting the message out that he would like to meet other people at other cons maybe in the future and is game for neo-nerd socializing

for me, meeting greggy for all of 3 seconds was not the life altering experience i was hoping it would be. plus, i had already seen him on the street about a mile away from the con as he is kind of hard to miss.

Was he awake?

Gormless tosser

If only there were a way to communicate this directly to the specific individuals to whom it is directed. A sort of non-public messaging system, as it were. Oh well.

this is perhaps a way of getting the message out that he would like to meet other people at other cons maybe in the future and is game for neo-nerd socializing

for me, meeting greggy for all of 3 seconds was not the life altering experience i was hoping it would be. plus, i had already seen him on the street about a mile away from the con as he is kind of hard to miss.

Was he awake?

Gormless tosser

You can do that in your sleep? Impressive.

Was he awake?

Gormless tosser

Seriously - it was my pleasure getting to meet you.

:)

-slym

I didn't want to PM them. I wanted to post this in CG. It wasn't a mistake. Do you think I don't know about PMs? Because I do.

:foryou:

-slym

I guess the next question is, other than attention seeking, what was the point of not PM'g them?

There are people who instead of just closing their sales threads by editing their titles, bump their own threads to let everyone know they are closed. Not the way I would do it but hey, it's within the 'normal rules' so whatever makes their boats float.

There are people who instead of sending a person a PM about a problem they have , prefer to drag it out in public. Not the way I would do it but hey, it I guess makes this place tick.

There are so many things that I would do differently (and possibly worth criticizing) than other people do, but this isn't really my personal chat forum (I know some people from a few years ago might be surprised to hear me say that) so unless I feel it's encroaching on the majority, I just ignore it and move on. Or at least try to. I'm human. :blush:

There's really nothing wrong with what Slym did in the context of this chat forum, which is supposed to foster community at least in some sense.

Hey Slym, thanks for stopping me to say hello. It's always good to put a face to a name.

I didn't want to PM them. I wanted to post this in CG. It wasn't a mistake. Do you think I don't know about PMs? Because I do.

-slym

I guess the next question is, other than attention seeking, what was the point of not PM'g them?

There are people who instead of just closing their sales threads by editing their titles, bump their own threads to let everyone know they are closed. Not the way I would do it but hey, it's within the 'normal rules' so whatever makes their boats float.

There are people who instead of sending a person a PM about a problem they have , prefer to drag it out in public. Not the way I would do it but hey, it I guess makes this place tick.

There are so many things that I would do differently (and possibly worth criticizing) than other people do, but this isn't really my personal chat forum (I know some people from a few years ago might be surprised to hear me say that) so unless I feel it's encroaching on the majority, I just ignore it and move on. Or at least try to. I'm human. :blush:

There's really nothing wrong with what Slym did in the context of this chat forum, which is supposed to foster community at least in some sense.

Hey Slym, thanks for stopping me to say hello. It's always good to put a face to a name.

I think Roy just called Transplant an attention whore for questioning slym's public shout out.

Oh, the drama...

You too, Roy. I wish I could have stayed the weekend, but I was working then, and couldn't miss the days. One day, we'll have that beer together!

-slym

I think Roy just called Transplant an attention whore for questioning slym's public shout out.

Oh, the drama...

That actually wasn't my intention but I guess if you say so...