• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What third party 2 use for CGC grading

15 posts in this topic

Hey guys I need to send in a couple comics and was wondering why company some of you would recommend using as a third party. Any suggestions would be appreciated. I've seen the links part on the site for 3rd party but still wanted to hear what some of you guys have to say.

I think its a valid, although a titch ambiguous question. It took a bit to realize they were asking about people/dealers that can submit on your behalf to CGC for grading. In that context, it sounds like Pdx_glide is seeking advice from folks here who use the 3rd part submission service?

I think its a valid, although a titch ambiguous question. It took a bit to realize they were asking about people/dealers that can submit on your behalf to CGC for grading. In that context, it sounds like Pdx_glide is seeking advice from folks here who use the 3rd part submission service?

I understood his question immediately. Actually, it's a legitimate question, to which I gave a legitimate answer.

I understood his question immediately. Actually, it's a legitimate question, to which I gave a legitimate answer.

I agree it IS a legitimate question. I got it when the Subject was changed to clarify the intent from when I first read it (the "CGC" was added). As I recall the original subject was "What third party 2 use for grading". Which is certainly ambiguous. While your answer about the 20% was legit, there is more to it than just what percent discount you can get. Like communication from the service, how secure the books were in their hands, how the turnaround times compared to CGC's , any damage from poor packaging etc. These are valid concerns if you are going to leave your books in other hands who sent them to yet another company (CGC)..

Not sure why folks have not chimed in with actual experiences. When someone asks the same question about a pressing service or a restoration service, recommendations and warnings are frequently given. I don't see any difference between a pressing or resto service and a CGC submission service in this context.

I've never sent a book for grading but why would you do that anyway, go through someone else to submit instead of doing it yourself? I really don't understand that.

Because some third party vendors get discounts for submitting books to cgc, which the regular customer would not get.