• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Married Covers

5 posts in this topic

Can anybody here explain Married comic book covers? I know they are Green Labels .They are considered Qualifiers but blue covers can have tape, rusty staples and much more even staple replacement and That can get a blue label.I assume that someway a person has a NM cover from the same issue, Just happened to have another MINT COPY without a cover and puts it on another copy? There is somebody that had about 20 Dennis the menace copies including #1 at a 9.2 issue. My copies are 9.4 and as low as 8.5 Married. I do not understand.

1. How could CGC even know its not the original cover./

2. Where on earth could somebody get 50=60 year o;d copies of a comic, and have new covers and have superior insides of every comic.? Are these from the Factory? Why are they qualifiers? comic connect has an Action 13 at auction, that is a married cover BUT is purple as the inside is restored. I don't see comic covers for sale, and who would take this on to make a nice copy.Can anybody tell me more about this process as I have not seen many green lables? I might have more at 6 or 7 than anybody.I just wonder if all grading services consider these as qualifiers or just CGC/

Can anybody here explain Married comic book covers? I know they are Green Labels .They are considered Qualifiers but blue covers can have tape, rusty staples and much more even staple replacement and That can get a blue label.I assume that someway a person has a NM cover from the same issue, Just happened to have another MINT COPY without a cover and puts it on another copy? There is somebody that had about 20 Dennis the menace copies including #1 at a 9.2 issue. My copies are 9.4 and as low as 8.5 Married. I do not understand.

1. How could CGC even know its not the original cover./

2. Where on earth could somebody get 50=60 year o;d copies of a comic, and have new covers and have superior insides of every comic.? Are these from the Factory? Why are they qualifiers? comic connect has an Action 13 at auction, that is a married cover BUT is purple as the inside is restored. I don't see comic covers for sale, and who would take this on to make a nice copy.Can anybody tell me more about this process as I have not seen many green lables? I might have more at 6 or 7 than anybody.I just wonder if all grading services consider these as qualifiers or just CGC/

1. CGC has methods and tech to figure out what's married and what's not

2. I can think of two reasons: collectivity and value because a married cover and comic will always be worth more than a cover or coverless copy

and on another note welcome to the boards :cloud9: