• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The "New Forum" Discussion Thread

509 posts in this topic

14,000 posts, where is my congratulatory thread? :whee:

Sorry, it would take up too much real estate.

Ooo....super saucy!

Your Comicopolis Correspondence Course has really paid for itself!

The deal was so good I couldn't afford not to take it.

Okay...here's a summary of what has been discussed so far, along with a link to the post where it was first discussed.

Let me know if I missed anything.

Summary

1) Structure/Format

2) Membership Date and Post Count Transferability

3) Board History Access

4) Search Engine

5) Avatar Size

6) More Emoticons

7) Selective Signature Viewing

8) PM Search Capability

9) More Versatile Ignore Function

10) View & Reply Sorting

11) Mobile Support

12) Profile Notes

13) PM Auto Away Message

14) More Video Embedding Support

15) 50 Word Post Limit

16) Posting Limitations Based on Registration Date/Post Count

17) Themes

18) Daily Post Count Limit Per Thread

19) Post Count Levels Rather Than Actual Number

20) Better *SPOON* Filter

21) Yearly Post Count Limit

22) Auto Spoiler By Post Size

23) Quote/Reply Limited To One Post (Not Up To Ten)

24) Video Chat

Giggles

1) High School Pics of Greggy

2) Custom Title Editor

3) Obliteration Function

4) Pizza Delivery Button

5) N00b Accelerator Option

PS - This list does not imply overall support, feasibility or commitment to implementation; it's simply a summary of what has been discussed so far.

Ditch for president! :applause:

How's this discussion coming along?

Much better than other threads so far. Though a few teasing moments with 'anniversary' or 'birthday' well-wishes.

Definitely going down the sharing and feedback trail. And an expansion of the dictionary, though the word has not been officially accepted yet.

'wordalanche'

:applause:

One thing I wish the forum here had, is how the new posts show up.

On many other forums for other hobbies I have, the posts show as being unread until I actually click on them to read them.

On here all I have to do is be on this page, then close my browser - to come back later when I get a chance to do more reading, and all the unchanged posts will be marked as being read, even though I had not clicked on or read them.

Also if I somehow was logged out, when I log in all the posts show as being read when I log in.

Maybe I am doing something in error or do not have an option set up correctly, but it only seems to happen on the Collectors Society forums.

Just a minor pet peeve. Anyways I like the forums here and enjoy the stories.

Big +1 to this.

Also a proper, easy to use Search function. :pullhair:

And a Search function for PMs. :cloud9:

I think this is an issue with your cookies, and is usually fixed by resetting them at this link with the expire button. (Note, that should log you out, so you will have to log back in)

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=mycookies

Arch, what about the same thing happening from multiple devices?

For example, I log in with my mobile device and read a few threads and then stop.

Then I finally sit down to get some real reading done and I fire up my laptop and all of the threads are now 'read' and the only threads that are unread are the ones that have had posts added to them since I left my mobile device and got onto my laptop.

Is there any way to fix this?

Oh, how about when the board takes me to "page 6 of 5", or like when I click to go to page two (when there are that many un-read thread) and it takes me right back to page one - even if I open the link in a new tab?

Can the new version not do that? Minor quibbles, for sure, but I figured I'd bring them up...

:)

-slym

To heck with all this. When are we going to get the Secret Santa , and holiday raffle. :banana:

I am sure there will be a movement by someone to stop the fun! I already have my raffle gift picked out. :banana: