• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What's the scam???

28 posts in this topic

If they don't want to take payment through ebay then they shouldn't' be selling on ebay.
A lot of people just aren't aware of Paypal Jail. They find out after the Ebay sale when they need to get paid. And if you're in dire need, 21 days could be a lifetime.

Imagine selling locally and depositing the buyer's check, then finding out your bank put a 21 day hold on it. Then imagine you sold because you were desperate.

I would seriously insist on doing the payment through eBay, or refuse to do the deal. I think the PayPal "Jail" held money gets released once the item is delivered and you leave positive feedback, right? So if he ships the book right away and you promise to leave feedback once received, he should have his money by the weekend.

Hello and thank you for contacting me! That sound great and what I need is to have it sent by pony express. Just contact someone with a pony, and have them deliver it!

If they don't want to take payment through ebay then they shouldn't' be selling on ebay.
A lot of people just aren't aware of Paypal Jail. They find out after the Ebay sale when they need to get paid. And if you're in dire need, 21 days could be a lifetime.

Imagine selling locally and depositing the buyer's check, then finding out your bank put a 21 day hold on it. Then imagine you sold because you were desperate.

People should certainly take the time to learn the rules of where they are conducting business. And if the rules don't work for them they should seek out another option.

People should certainly take the time to learn the rules of where they are conducting business. And if the rules don't work for them they should seek out another option.

Fair enough.

And it's what makes consignment services like MCS so attractive. It doesn't matter how long you've been on Ebay or how much feedback you have. It you haven't sold Ebay in a long while the 10% MCS takes to deal with the nonsense, big bargain. And they pay weekly.

But, it's true for everybody. You don't know what you don't know until you do. Surprise, and welcome to Paypal Jail.