• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Hypothetical question

48 posts in this topic

No.
NIce explanation

I didn't realize my answer was required to be in essay form but okay: I would not be happy with that purchase because, upon opening this theoretical mystery box for which I paid $320, I would look over the books and wonder why I paid $320 for what appears to be less than $320 worth of comics.

Thank you for the explanation. Was not looking for an essay just something more though provoking. Again thanks for elaborating.

Shadow Images are you happy with the mystery box?

This was a hypothetical question, no one was harmed in this mystery box. The whole point of the board is discussion and some it was quite interesting.

So hypothetically would you have been happy if you bought it?

Sure. What is there is more than $320 retail value. Could you pick up the stuff cheaper probably. I am not one of those people who they must get 4x the value. Sometimes it is fun to just see what you get that you might otherwise not have chosen. jmho

technically a longbox of moderns is worth 900 bucks but I know of people who have picked up longboxes at $1 a longbox....

Sure. What is there is more than $320 retail value. Could you pick up the stuff cheaper probably. I am not one of those people who they must get 4x the value. Sometimes it is fun to just see what you get that you might otherwise not have chosen. jmho

I'm not sure I follow all of the misinformation in this thread. You are correct... according to the grades you provided, the top row of 5 comics alone is worth about $500 retail in the current market. I tend to discount my stuff below mainstream market, so maybe I'd get $400 out of them (again assuming your grades), so as a dealer I wouldn't want to pay as high as $320. But as a collector, paying $320 (shipped) for maybe $550+ worth of books isn't the biggest disaster in the world.