• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Journey Into Mystery; CGC 9.0; opinions on value appreciated

12 posts in this topic

Hello!

Welcome to the "Comics Market - Forum Only Selling" board!

The moderators have asked everyone around here to help educate new comers about the posting rules for this forum so that we can keep things running smoothly. So whenever we see a new thread go up that's missing some of the information required by the rules, someone will generally happen along and post this reminder (by moderator request).

You can find the posting guidelines here:

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=1460472&page=1#Post1460472

They are well worth reading, because your posts can be removed from the boards if they don't conform to the guidelines. This will help you to attract more buyers as well, since this is how people expect to have books offered around here.

Thanks, and glad to have you here!

(I'm not sure what form to ask general value - try Silver age - this one is sales only! Welcome though!)

Typically a book with that slight restoration would go for about 25% of the price if it was not restored. That is not a hard fast rule because there are many other factors ( books desirability, eye appeal etc.) Based on that I would figure this would put that book about in the $10k range, plus or minus. I see you have it on eBay, good luck.

Typically a book with that slight restoration would go for about 25% of the price if it was not restored. That is not a hard fast rule because there are many other factors ( books desirability, eye appeal etc.) Based on that I would figure this would put that book about in the $10k range, plus or minus. I see you have it on eBay, good luck.

Yeah, you found it on ebay.

I know $16,000 is a stretch but I hope to stir some interest. I was hopeful to get $13,500 out of it.

I know a 9.0 blue label recently sold for $45,000 and I think the book is a bit undervalued.

I have heard the 25% rule, however, I heard it as 25%-33%, depending on extent of work and desire.

thanks...

GPA has it at a high of $9300.00

You could get closer to 10k if the right buyer came along IMO.

Has nice eye appeal! Welcome to the boards!

Was that $9300 in 2013? Has this book not moved quite a bit in the last two years?

Was that $9300 in 2013? Has this book not moved quite a bit in the last two years?

Actually 2012, dropped $100 in 2013.

The book is worth whatever someone is willing to pay for it. (shrug)

True, a lot of books nowadays are fetching crazy money. More than I would have thought.

thanks...

True, a lot of books nowadays are fetching crazy money. More than I would have thought.

thanks...

It's a great looking book, the right collector would be happy to own it! (thumbs u

The book was sold December 2012.

Unrestored prices

Overstreet 2012 VF/NM 9.0 value = $26,000

Overstreet 2015 VF/NM 9.0 value = $34,000

While the book was hot, the census has gone up dramatically the past few years and restored prices have flattened more than compared to the un-restored equivalent. The Twin Cities 9.0 went for about $46,000 I think towards the end of that year and another book earlier in the year went for $52,000. Why the delta for $6k for a pedigreed book just goes to show it depends on the buyer or maybe a trend. Mid 2013 , the book unrestored was selling for $36k at auction.

At the $16k you have on eBay, 8.0's unrestored have been selling at. I think you you may have better luck putting in on Comiclink for $13K and take the first offer over $10k. Good luck.

The book was sold December 2012.

Unrestored prices

Overstreet 2012 VF/NM 9.0 value = $26,000

Overstreet 2015 VF/NM 9.0 value = $34,000

While the book was hot, the census has gone up dramatically the past few years and restored prices have flattened more than compared to the un-restored equivalent. The Twin Cities 9.0 went for about $46,000 I think towards the end of that year and another book earlier in the year went for $52,000. Why the delta for $6k for a pedigreed book just goes to show it depends on the buyer or maybe a trend. Mid 2013 , the book unrestored was selling for $36k at auction.

At the $16k you have on eBay, 8.0's unrestored have been selling at. I think you you may have better luck putting in on Comiclink for $13K and take the first offer over $10k. Good luck.

I appreciate the info but I'm in no rush to sell it. I have no problem in holding on to it and having it get to where I need it to be.

To go with this, I'm in Canada, so if our dollar gets worse, I can take less in USD, though it does work against me as well.

Time will tell...