• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Detective #359 -- Guess the CGC grade

22 posts in this topic

Disclaimer: This isn't my book. (I wish it were.) Just ran across it in my travels. Only have these scans to go on.

What grade do you think CGC gave it? Page quality is Offwhite to White.

33oqio2.jpg

112flmu.jpg

I'm going 8.5. Looks like there is a non-color breaking bend on Robin's cape near the 12-cent mark as well as one in the "C" in Detective that could likely be pressed out. Some NCBs in the bottom-right of the front cover as well.

I'm going 8.5. Looks like there is a non-color breaking bend on Robin's cape near the 12-cent mark as well as one in the "C" in Detective that could likely be pressed out. Some NCBs in the bottom-right of the front cover as well.

Those are glares from the inner-well of the case.

Those are glares from the inner-well of the case.

Then 9.2...but they don't look like glares.

It was just graded in July. I'll have to bookmark this as an example when Boardies complain CGC is grading too tight lately. All I know is I would not pay 9.4 prices for that copy. I'm sure it will be soon be on CLink, the resting place for all books with Back cover problems.