• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Potential collection...lets take a poll SAFE KEY IS IN

Whats in the collection?  

387 members have voted

1. 1. Whats in the collection?

49 posts in this topic

3) was some 90s books that were 2.0 or lower that were originally described to me as 30-40 years old

From the formal establishment of collecting in the 60's, until the 1990's, virtually everything that was "old" (relative to the point in time) had some value, especially if it was superhero.

There were exceptions, of course, like Disney comics from the early to mid 50's, but most everything else had some value if it was 20-30 years old or older, at the time of consideration.

Then the 90's happened.

Now, for the last 5+ years, we've started to see many, many people, especially those born in the late 80's and 90's, discover the glut of comics produced in the early 90's, and think "these are OLD! They must be worth $$$!"

:facepalm:

That X-Men #266 is 25 years old. To some, that's ANCIENT.

Prepare to see even MORE copies of Man of Steel #1 and Legends of the Dark Knight #1, and Ghost Rider #1 (1990) described as "old comic books."

lol

We will never again see the percentage returns on comics that buyers did from the 70's to the 90's.

I am so disappointed… I voted a nice Silver key in the safe. :)

That X-Men #266 would make a nice downgrade for mine, however. It’s too high grade and it’s begging me to sell it. lol

That is pretty funny Claudio. I was in the same boat. Sold my 9.6 a couple years ago with the intent of downgrading and never got around to it. Now that is my only hole in 1-300!

So what is the safe book worth approximately?

I thought it would something better than that

Im going to see what else she has first. If that is the only book of value I probably will just sell it online for her and she can have all profit. I have to get it in hand, but if its decent it should net her 40/50ish.

I wont look to make $10 or $100 from this kind of thing. More I am trying to help.

So what is the safe book worth approximately?

I thought it would something better than that

Im going to see what else she has first. If that is the only book of value I probably will just sell it online for her and she can have all profit. I have to get it in hand, but if its decent it should net her 40/50ish.

I wont look to make $10 or $100 from this kind of thing. More I am trying to help.

Good on you for approaching it that way!! :acclaim:

I am so disappointed… I voted a nice Silver key in the safe. :)

That X-Men #266 would make a nice downgrade for mine, however. It’s too high grade and it’s begging me to sell it. lol

That is pretty funny Claudio. I was in the same boat. Sold my 9.6 a couple years ago with the intent of downgrading and never got around to it. Now that is my only hole in 1-300!

Now if I only had that "problem" with the X-Men #266… I have it with New Mutants #98 as well. #87 does not worry me and I quite like it as there’s still Louise Simonson "at the helm" so to speak, but my #98 was too nice, I graded it, came back as a 9.8 and now… No affordable copy in sight to replace it, so I will keep it for now.

I want to have the series complete, not because I like the last issues, but they document a historical moment of decline for Marvel, and I don’t want to be without a #98. The fact that it’s Deadpool apperance it’s secondary… lol