• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Potential collection...lets take a poll SAFE KEY IS IN

Whats in the collection?  

387 members have voted

1. 1. Whats in the collection?

49 posts in this topic

My guess is there is mostly bronze and copper drek with a sprinkling of comics that may have become hot recently. something like Nova #1. I think there may be a key like ASM #129 or GSX #1 in the safe. One thing to keep in mind is the guy didn't go back to pick them up. If that's true, that tells me there probably isn't much to go back for.

I voted you never see them BUT....

in case they do somehow make an appearance my guess is a box of mid grade bronze with a handful of silver with a mid grade Hulk 181 (with MVS missing) in the safe.

+1 But has MVS

some things about the story just don't add up. Like can she sell these books for starters? I would want to see them just for the sake of seeing them but I am not sure I would go through buying them without being certain this isn't being done in some underhanded way. Who is she to say what his time line is to retrieve his items before they are considered left behind? The one in the safe seems like a community property item at the least. The box of books-- who knows. The whole scenario sounds like a woman scorned for some reason.

Those tend to be the very best scores. The "woman scorned" collections. :whee:

I got a "woman scorned" Playboy collection from #1 up once from a lady I worked with. She threw his stuff out on the lawn and the boxes were sitting there for 4 days when I got them. I also got a beautiful 9'6" Hobie surfboard that was shaped and signed by Hobie himself. Felt a little bad and told her if he wanted them back I would return them but he never showed up again.

Just a photo for now of the book in the safe:

FD91124B-7AB9-4EE0-85B8-B2B252D5AA3D_zps6ai5dafx.jpg

a few other photos from books in the box including an Xmen Origin, Batman Animated mask of the Phantasm (makes you think maybe...) and a wolverine graphic novel. Also a photo of some 1991 football and baseball cards that are worthless.

When I get the box here in hand Ill update everyone, but no AF15 lurking in this threads future.

I had 4 people at work talk about having comics and wanted to know about value/selling them

1) was 15 long boxes and had long runs of batman, xmen and important books that we sold such as BA 12, NM 98 and other nice modern stuff.

2) was some Bronze age books like luke cage hero for hire 1 but in real low grade,

3) was some 90s books that were 2.0 or lower that were originally described to me as 30-40 years old

4) real low grade dell books

I helped sell group 1 and we both made some okay money, but yeah people have wildly different views on value as evidenced above