• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

New Justice League Animated Confirmed

14 posts in this topic

"Following the discovery of the animated Justice League poster from a month ago, now a new animated Justice League series is confirmed by Cartoon Network." Source

"We will be premiering a new Justice League series, but not likely until next Fall."(2016)

:ohnoez::whee:

justice-league-action.jpg

jlaction-poster.jpg

Justice League animated series in the works by Cartoon Network Canada

"Justice League" cartoon will come your way in fall 2016 on Cartoon Network. The site is hosted by Toonzone.net, which hosts a number of unofficial fan sites, and totes itself as a source for "exclusive content, interviews, message boards, reviews, image galleries, videos, online original comics, extensive production content, comic and episode guides, original artwork". "Justice League", the animated version which included Batman, Superman, Hawkgirl, Wonder Woman, Green Lantern, the Flash and Martian Manhunter, was first aired in Cartoon Network from 2001 to 2004. Some fan asked a question about whether the show will ever be back on Cartoon Network or not, the channel was quite generous as they made a decision to leave a reply.

Cartoon Network's more recent track record with DC Comics properties isn't that encouraging; there's been a clear shift to try and capture a younger market with shows like Teen Titans Go!, Batman: Brave and the Bold, or The Batman, while fantastic shows for the older crowd (like Young Justice) fall by the wayside.

:whee:

I miss Young Justice.

Did the real reason for Young Justice and Green Lantern being cancelled by Cartoon Network ever come out? There was the rumor of why after the Kevin Smith interview with Paul Dini. But later on, DC dismissed that as a misunderstanding.

Especially with the DC Super Hero Girls campaigns and videos, Warner seems to be doing the opposite.

Paul Dini on Cartoon Network's Programming Decisions and Why Boy Viewers Are Valued Over Girls

DINI: "They're all for boys 'we do not want the girls', I mean, I've heard executives say this, you know, not [where I am] but at other places, saying like, 'We do not want girls watching this show."

SMITH: "WHY? That's 51% of the population."

DINI: "They. Do. Not. Buy. Toys. The girls buy different toys. The girls may watch the show—"

SMITH: "So you can sell them T-shirts if they don't—A: I disagree, I think girls buy toys as well, I mean not as many as f***ing boys do, but, B: sell them something else, man! Don't be lazy and be like, 'well I can't sell a girl a toy.' Sell 'em a T-shirt, man, sell them f***ing umbrella with the f***ing character on it, something like that. But if it's not a toy, there's something else you could sell 'em! Like, just because you can't figure out your job, don't kill chances of, like, something that's gonna reach an audi—that's just so self-defeating, when people go, like… these are the same f***ers who go, like, 'Oh, girls don't read comics, girls aren't into comics.' It's all self-fulfilling prophecies. They just make it that way, by going like, 'I can't sell 'em a toy, what's the point?'

I miss Young Justice.

Did the real reason for Young Justice and Green Lantern being cancelled by Cartoon Network ever come out? There was the rumor of why after the Kevin Smith interview with Paul Dini. But later on, DC dismissed that as a misunderstanding.

Especially with the DC Super Hero Girls campaigns and videos, Warner seems to be doing the opposite.

Paul Dini on Cartoon Network's Programming Decisions and Why Boy Viewers Are Valued Over Girls

DINI: "They're all for boys 'we do not want the girls', I mean, I've heard executives say this, you know, not [where I am] but at other places, saying like, 'We do not want girls watching this show."

SMITH: "WHY? That's 51% of the population."

DINI: "They. Do. Not. Buy. Toys. The girls buy different toys. The girls may watch the show—"

SMITH: "So you can sell them T-shirts if they don't—A: I disagree, I think girls buy toys as well, I mean not as many as f***ing boys do, but, B: sell them something else, man! Don't be lazy and be like, 'well I can't sell a girl a toy.' Sell 'em a T-shirt, man, sell them f***ing umbrella with the f***ing character on it, something like that. But if it's not a toy, there's something else you could sell 'em! Like, just because you can't figure out your job, don't kill chances of, like, something that's gonna reach an audi—that's just so self-defeating, when people go, like… these are the same f***ers who go, like, 'Oh, girls don't read comics, girls aren't into comics.' It's all self-fulfilling prophecies. They just make it that way, by going like, 'I can't sell 'em a toy, what's the point?'

I saw these pieces get regurgitated when Dini said those things on a podcast, and it's at the very least slightly misleading (not Dini but the angle many sites ran with).

Dini was taking about his show, Tower Prep, not Young Justice, though Young Justice was brought up, regarding why his show got pulled. Dini is obviously a legend in tv animation and a terrific writer and I don't doubt him, but I don't ever remember Tower Prep ever being hot. If it was it would still be on. Dini didn't work on Young Justice.

What he said about boys was right though. Boys buy action figures, or rather action figures are bought for boys. Do some girls also? Of course, but we cant ignore the vast evidence that obviously suggests that the action figure market is mostly catering to the people who want them - boys and odd old men.

Cartoons, kids cartoons, are commercials for toys. People my age know this from G.I. Joe, where the comics, tv show, and animated moves were all avenues to present toys. The Transformers animated movie was an intro to new toys to sale (that failed) in Rodimus and Galvatron. Turtles was the same, hell, George Lucas' biggest coup was retaining all of the merch/licensing rights in Star Wars. These guys are all in the toy business, they aren't in the quality cartoon business.

You know what a highly rated kids cartoon that doesn't sell toys is worth? Much less than a fluffy kids cartoon that have action figures that move. I LOVED Young Justice, but I wasn't going to go buy toys. Young Justice was for an obviously older crowd and featured multiple episode arcs that had great appearances and storylines, but that's where my interest ended. They needed something little kids were going to bug their parents about getting them a toy.

I know it's always vogue to be anti-corporations but the thing about corporations are they are ultimately unbiased - they just care about money. SO if you will and can buy mess, no matter who you are, sex, race, religion, whatever, they will make it and they are not going to supply a niche just because. If I'm a corporation who thinks half of my audience is absolutely not going to take in my commercial and just enjoy the show, that's a problem. This can be art, but it's not art unless it sells, or at least it won't be for long.

For all of those lamenting Young Justice. I just noticed that Netflix has Season 2 of Young Justice available for streaming.

I read that S1 of Young Justice was going away in February. But it's still showing. Get your fill before it's gone.

And if you've never seen Young Justice S1 and S2....I'm sorry that you have lived your whole existence to this point without basking in it's awesomeness.

I would expound upon why it is awesome, but I can't conceive a way of explaining it that would be worthy.

-T

For all of those lamenting Young Justice. I just noticed that Netflix has Season 2 of Young Justice available for streaming.
Thanks so much for the heads-up. (thumbs u:applause:

Been waiting for S2 ever since I signed up with Netflix, and usually they send out an email when "new episodes added". Nada, zip, no idea they were finally available.

Thanks so much for the heads-up. (thumbs u:applause:

Been waiting for S2 ever since I signed up with Netflix, and usually they send out an email when "new episodes added". Nada, zip, no idea they were finally available.

You are reading my mind, brother! I even scoured the webz to see if there were any mentions of YJs2 being added. And I found nothing but a couple of tweets about it. My initial thought was, "I need to tell someone, because I'd want to know!"

I've been binge watching season 2 all morning. (On ep 8). This is probably the 5th time I've watched season 2 in its entirety. I've probably watched season 1 around 8 times. And I'm not even a DC comic book collector.

it would be awesome if netfilx picked it up and continued with season 3.
From your keyboard to God's monitor. :wishluck:

Netflix would be the perfect venue for additional Young Justice seasons. No sponsor or target-demographic to fret over. Just replicate the excellence in animated storytelling and let YJ's audience build. (because canceling it mid-season, for whatever reason, was beyond dumb imho)