• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Bidding against each other???

28 posts in this topic

I don't like anyone that bids on "my" books so due to former battles, i bid on just about everything i see sullypython, namisgr,dutchvalleyman, roboo7, bullet123, leeboy, or blazingbob bidding on. That is not an exclusive list - there are a few others. And I am almost sure the feelings of love are mutual.

On this subject, I'm guilty as hell on bidding against my fellow brethrin on the forum, or at least some who drop in comments at random, like me (as time and schedule allow in my case). I like FF's approach & 99% of the time I hit the auction with 20 seconds or less to go. It is senseless to do otherwise, or you jack up the price early in the game. However, I've been looking for a Cap. Marvel #15 & 16 CGC'd for over two years & saw one up. grin.gif I jumped all over some fellow collector & we consequently put the price at over 10x guide! blush.gif Case in point: If I'd been patient in some limited capacity, the price would be at guide at this moment. cool.gif

This book is not scarce by any means, in fact I have several VF copies, a few of which may make it as VF/NM, but why waste the time & funds when you can snatch it slabbed in the NM arena. No other way to define it than complete madness! But it is fun, and that's what relieves the stress from a day at the office. grin.gif

The love in this room makes me long for the comparatively fresh air found in gas station bathrooms.

This thread makes me want to create one E-Bay account for selling, and a separate one for bidding that uses an anonymous Hotmail email address and my girlfriend's home address and checking account...I didn't realize there was this much selfish animosity surrounding auction bidding.

Don't contests like this just end up with everybody getting pissed on?