• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Help with lower grade X-Men #4

16 posts in this topic

This was sold to me as being 5.0.

confused.giffrown.gifmad.gif

On eBay with no back cover scan? sign-rantpost.gif

I can't see a book with that much of the back cover gone getting a full Good (2.0) unless it was Golden Age.

Front looks VG btw. gossip.gif

it might have been a 5.0 based on the front cover alone, but the back cover is just fraught with bad S@#T..........

2.0 - tops...........if this was purchased online witha FC scan only and no disclosure of the BC, demand a refund now and if that doesn't work out, start e-bay recovery proceedings. tou can get up to $225 back as long as the purchase was at least that much. i've had to do it twice......... frown.gif

Good Luck........ 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

I would give it a 1.0 fair. That is one rough looking back cover. In addition to the obvious, tt possibly has moisture damage ( take a look at the upper right corner of back cover.) You defintely got screwed unless you paid less then $40. I hope you get your money back. Please let everyone know who the seller is and how this turns out. It is is one thing to over grade and it is another if they do not back up the sale. Good luck.

Yeah... I contacted the person about returning it and so far the only response that I got was basically a "Sorry you didn't like it. I think it's a higher grade." and then his name. Nothing about rectifying the situation. I have sent him another e-mail asking for a definitive answer as to what he plans on doing. He better do something because I'm more than a little annoyed with paying $130 for something that isn't worth even 1/3 of that. sumo.gif

If his next response isn't satisfactory I'll plaster his name around the board as a S**thead seller.

Yeah... I contacted the person about returning it and so far the only response that I got was basically a "Sorry you didn't like it. I think it's a higher grade." and then his name.

Tell him to turn the book over BEFORE giving the book a definite grade. foreheadslap.gif

Looks like things are going to work out. He's agreed that he was wrong on his grading and is going to refund my money. Good to see that some Ebay sellers still try to do the right thing. thumbsup2.gif Thanks for the input everyone.