• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ultimate Iron Man

47 posts in this topic

Now, I've never read any of OSC's books, but I LIKED UIM, but I'm the guy who hated Supreme Power, So thats not saying much popcorn.gif

a riddle wrapped in a mystery...

hehe

Just a thought. I just picked up UIM and found this part interesting:

"Undifferentiated neural tissue will grow all through his body. As if his whole body is brain. Greater mental capacity. Quicker. Like no human in history."

What consequences does that have for his alcoholism? Wouldn't that mean that he gets drunk just as the alcohol hits his lips? I have never read a single issue of the Ultimates, so this is my first reading on UIM.

I love OSC novels, and have most 1st printing/1st editions (anyone got a F/F Ender's 1st/1st?)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What would one of those go for?

Depends on condition (much like comics). Generally an ex-library copy with some defects will be around $400-$600. A nice F/F copy with no tear in the DJ, straight spine, etc. around $1,000, and a VF/VF unread (the equivilant of comics NM) could go for as much as $1,800 to $2,000.

Definitely his most expensive book. 'Speaker for the Dead' is up there. 'Planet Called Treason' is too. Most of his other 1st editions can be had for $100-$500, depending on the condition.