• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Comicartads.com update (Smith, Golden, Sienkiewicz)

11 posts in this topic

Good evening all! As you recover from NYCC sticker shock, please feel free to take a trip down memory lane at www.comicartads.com to see how art by "hot" artists like Barry Smith, Michael Golden, and Bill Sienkiewicz was priced in the late 1970s to mid-1990s. Thanks for looking! Best regards, Lee

Come on guys, you can do it! What doesn't kill you makes you stronger!

It's funny to look at a particular catalog and try to figure out what I would have bought with, say, $1,000.00 or $500.00 at the time.

Some pieces were definitely aggressively priced back in the day compared to pieces by other artists.

Best, Lee

Hey ya'll didn't buy any Microsoft or Apple stock either...and that doesn't keep you from looking at a graph online. Right? Even better if you did though, I'm thinking Alex might have been buying some of those in the 80s...maybe? (Hopefully not IBM or DEC though!) Even if only in a 401k? Don't worry - be happy :)

I did buy Apple way back when, but had to sell to help fund college tuitions. Sigh... :) I made a chuck (I think I bought at $13 a share), but not as much as I would have made if I'd borrowed more and held. Double sigh...

It's funny to look at a particular catalog and try to figure out what I would have bought with, say, $1,000.00 or $500.00 at the time.

Hilarious

I guess everyone has a different idea of fun. But perhaps I should have used the word "interesting". I'll try to explain what I mean, but I'll start a new thread for that. Cheers, Lee