• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

THE MATAWAN COLLECTION - closed! Thank you everyone!

137 posts in this topic

The Spirit section from the Newark NJ Star Ledger Jan 21 1945 $12

CRJ_ZoBUkAACWpU.jpgCRJ_ZlOVEAAxHts.jpgCRJ_ZXUUcAASHxc.jpg

It is truly remarkable that this survived as well as it has. Colors are vibrant and no tearing along the folds.

:takeit:

and the MAD freebie that is left, Thank you! :grin:

The Spirit section from the Newark NJ Star Ledger Jan 21 1945 SOLD

$12

CRJ_ZoBUkAACWpU.jpgCRJ_ZlOVEAAxHts.jpgCRJ_ZXUUcAASHxc.jpg

It is truly remarkable that this survived as well as it has. Colors are vibrant and no tearing along the folds.

:takeit:

and the MAD freebie that is left, Thank you! :grin:

^^ Thank you. PM coming

EERIE These books may have wear but the pages are not brittle. I did not yet do a lot price due to the number of copies, but PM if you want to talk a larger issue purchase. On the free ones, only one claim per item purchased (you can buy 3 and claim 3 but you cannot buy 1 and claim 3).

34 (1971) spine roll and some staining on back, small tear on back near spine SOLD

$2

CRYmjD1UsAEXHPY.jpgCRYmi93UYAEWj0_.jpg

Stories in this issue include: Parting is Such Sweet Horror by Tom Sutton; Eye of Cyclops by Buddy Saunders (owner of Lone Star Comics!) and Jaime Brocal; He Who Laughs Last...is Grotesque by Al Hewetson and Mike Royer; Food for Thought by Steve Skeates, Bill Fraccio, and Tony Tallarico; The Vow of the Wizard by Ernie Colon and Frank McLaughlin; The Sound of Wings by F. Paul Wilson and Carlos Garzon; and Lair of the Horned Man by Alan Weiss. Pat Broderick makes second appearance in fan page. Cover art by Boris Vallejo. Cover price $0.60.

37 (1972) This one and 89 were in a different box. Bagged and boarded in much better condition than most of the others. Top right corner creases, back cover top edge small tear, light soiling SOLD

$6

CRhI6aDWUAA5OlQ.jpg

Stories in this issue include: The Other Side of Atlantis by Steve Skeates and Jaime Brocal; Horror at Hamilton House by Lynn Marron and Ken Barr; The Ones Who Stole It from You by Auraleon and Donald F. McGregor; A Rush of Wings by Larry Herndon and Jaime Brocal; and Dethslaker by Douglas Moench and Ernie Colon. Cover art by Enrich Torres. Cover price $0.60.

54 (1973) cover tear as pictured, corner wear free with other Eerie purchase but must be claimed

CQ9t4UWWEAEy1S-.jpg

Stories in this issue include: The Mummy Walks: Stranger in a Village of the Insane by Steve Skeates and Jaime Brocal; Curse of the Werewolf: To Cure this Curse by Steve Skeates and Martin Salvador; Hunter part three by Rich Margopoulos and Paul Neary; The Christmas Spirit of 1947 by Will Eisner (in color); Schreck: Bright Eyes by Doug Moench and Vicente Alcazar; and Doctor Archaeus: The Evil that Men Do by Gerry Boudreau and Isidro Mones. Includes 1973 Warren Awards. Cover art by Manuel Sanjulian. Cover price $1.00.

57 (1974) light spine roll, some edge pushes/dings SOLD

$2

CRhOy8yWsAAK7Ry.jpgCRhOy_GWcAAC0lo.jpg

Stories in this issue include: The Spook: Stridspider Spong-Rot by Doug Moench and Esteban Maroto; Hunter part six by Bill DuBay and Paul Neary; The Hacker: Hide from the Hacker by Steve Skeates and Tom Sutton; Child by Greg Potter and Richard Corben (in color); It: The Terror of Foley Mansion by Carl Wessler aned Jose Gual; and Doctor Archaeus: A Switch in Time... by Gerry Boudreau and Isidro Mones. Includes letter by future Batman The Animated Series artist and director Kevin Altieri. Cover art by Ken Kelly. Cover price $1.00.

69 (1975) staining and rippling $1

CRhOzGmWsAEZDoK.jpgCRhOy_SWEAA5gkZ.jpg

This 1975 Eerie Annual features the Hunter by Rich Margopoulos, Budd Lewis, Bill DuBay, and Paul Neary. Includes Hunter pin-up by Neary. Cover art by Manuel Sanjulian. Cover price $1.25.

70 (1975)Stories in this issue include: Coffin: The Final Sunrise by Budd Lewis and Jose Ortiz; Hunter II: Goblin Thrust by Budd Lewis and Paul Neary; Code Name: Slaughter Five: From the Cradle to the Grave by Gerry Boudreau and Leopold Sanchez; El Cid: Crooked Mouth by Budd Lewis and Gonzalo Mayo; and Oogie and the Junkers by Bill DuBay and Esteban Maroto. Cover art by Manuel Sanjulian. Cover price $1.00.

70 Copy A spine tears on edge, color breaking crease on front cover but still vibrant $4

CRYN967UEAQvLFM.jpgCRYN9pMUYAAKqi0.jpgCRYN9agUsAEPqLF.jpg

70 Copy B also a very nice copy note stamp on cover $6

CRhOxwnWIAAL8bN.jpgCRhOvt_WsAIr-iW.jpg

76 (1976) Stories in this issue include: The Moonweavers: Deliver the Child by Budd Lewis and Leopold Sanchez; Wolfer O'Connell: Highsong by Budd Lewis and Luis Bermejo; Oogie and the Scroungers by Bill DuBay and Esteban Maroto; Tales of Peter Hypnos: The Silver Key by Jose Bea; and Darklon the Mystic by Jim Starlin. Cover art by Manuel Sanjulian. Cover price $1.00.

76 copy A wear and mild tears on cover, corner/edge issues but nice and flat $1

CQ9yMmyUsAAUMpB.jpg

76 copy B spine wear but no tears to cover, some creasing as well Nice and straight though, no rippling SOLD

$1

CRhOw75WUAEv5DS.jpgCRhOvdVWIAA0UP5.jpg

80 (1977) Stories in this issue include: Scallywag: The Invisible One by Budd Lewis and Jose Ortiz; Darklon the Mystic: Retribution by Jim Starlin; The Pea Green Boat: On Moonlight Bay by Budd Lewis and Leopold Sanchez; Tombspawn: Pieces of Hate by Gerry Boudreau and Gonzalo Mayo; Third Person Singular part two by Bruce Jones and Luis Bermejo; and Cronk: Queen of the Purple Range by Nicola Cuti, Carmine Infantino, and Al Milgrom. Includes fan letters by future comic writer Steve Perry and future comic inker Wayne Faucher. Cover art by Ken Kelly. Cover price $1.25.

80 copy A very very nice copy SOLD

$4

CQ9yMbuUsAMFjb3.jpg

80 copy B very similar to copy A to my untrained eye $4

CRhRncRVAAALVb4.jpgCRhRnFiUcAAdK5J.jpg

81 (1977) date stamp it looks like, generally solid condition, a nice copy SOLD

$5

CRhRnotU8AATPJi.jpgCRhRqdJUsAAylV0.jpg

Stories in this issue include: Goodbye, Bambi Boone by Cary Bates, Carmine Infantino, and Giordano; Taking of Queen Bovine by Gerry Boudreau and Ramon Torrents; The Bride of Congo by Bill DuBay, Carmine Infantino, and Gonzalo Mayo; You're a Big Girl Now by Bruce Jones and Richard Corben (in color); Starchild by Louise Jones, David Micheline, and Jose Ortiz; The Giant Ape Suit by Roger McKenzie and Luis Bermego; and Golden Girl by Nicola Cuti and Leopold Sanchez. Each story fits the cover theme of a giant girl atop the Empire State Building. Includes fan letter by comic book humorist Fred Hembeck. Cover art by Frank Frazetta. Cover price $1.50.

89 (1978) Kept in a different box, bagged and boarded. edge wear, nice condition mag $2

CRhI6baWUAAVPTu.jpgCRhI6fEWcAQ-6um.jpg

Stories in this issue include: The Rook: Trouble in the Time Factory by Bill DuBay and Luis Bermejo; Crystabelle by Bill DuBay and Leo Duranona; Francesca by Bruce Jones and Gonzalo Mayo; The Black Demon's Sword: The Magician's Tower by Budd Lewis and Jose Ortiz; and Boiling Point part two by Bruce Jones and Leopold Sanchez. Cover art by Malcolm McNeill. Cover price $1.25.

96 (1979) some solid wear but still a nice copy, spine rippling $3

CRhRqgXUkAI51Fr.jpgCRhRqUBUYAAWEhD.jpg

Stories in this issue include: The Rook: Hickey and the Pirates by Bill DuBay and Jose Ortiz; The Horizon Seekers by Leopoldo Duranona, Cary Bates, and Leopoldo Duranona; The Shining Sea part two by Nicola Cuti and Alfredo Alcala; Harrow House part two by Bruce Jones and Jose Ortiz; and A Crack in Time by Louise Jones and Pablo Marcos. Cover art by Jordi Penalva. Cover price $1.50.

100 (1979) front cover stain, like for real...but pages are flat and not rippled as expected given that stain free with other Eerie purchase but must be claimed

CQ9yNdHUwAA2GJH.jpg

Stories in this issue include: The Rook: Master of Ti Chi by Bill DuBay, Jimmy Janes, and Alfredo Alcala; Gotterdammerung part one by Budd Lewis and Isidro Mones; The Horizon Seekers: In a Strange Land by Leopoldo Duranona and Cary Bates; and Darklon the Mystic: Duel by Jim Starlin. Cover art by Jordi Penalva. Cover price $2.00.

101 (1979) lots of water damage and rippling so let's make this one FREE with purchase of another Eerie magazine

CRhWNeBWwAAz0z4.jpg

Stories in this issue include: The Rook: The Martians are Coming, The Martians are Coming by Bill DuBay, Jim Starlin, and Alfredo Alcala; Gotterdammerung part two by Budd Lewis and Isidro Mones; The Horizon Seekers part two by Leopoldo Duranona and Cary Bates; and Hunter II: Three Flames of the Phoenix by Budd Lewis and Pepe Moreno. Includes comic book article by Joe Brancatelli called "The Inevitable Superman Story." Cover art by Jim Lauier. Cover price $1.50.

104 (1979) spine issues like most of them for this older square-bound book, water stain on back cover FREE with other purchase but must be claimed

CRhWKb-WsAAvDkY.jpgCRhWK8_WIAAG1dQ.jpg

Stories in this issue include: The Rook: The Trouble with Tin Men by Bill DuBay, Jimmy Janes, and Alfredo Alcala; The Trespassers: Dusk by Don McGregor and Paul Gulacy; City of Shadows by Jean Michel Martin and Leopoldo Duranona; Beastworld by Bruce Jones and Pablo Marcos; The Open Sky: Vladmir by Bob Toomey and Jose Ortiz; and The Horizon Seekers: Temple of the Ravagers by Leopoldo Duranona and Cary Bates. Cover art by Kirk Reinert. Cover price $2.00.

109 (1980) staining, small front cover edge tear $1

CRhWLHOWcAAAgEU.jpgCRhWLHuWoAAUxJz.jpg

Stories in this issue include: Vampire Dawn by Archie Goodwin and Pepe Moreno; The Organizer by Bruce Jones and Leopoldo Duranona; The Ravenscroft Affair by Bill DuBay and Paul Neary; Alien Affair by Cary Bates and Val Mayerik; and Heart of Darkness by Bill Mantlo and Luis Bermejo. Cover art by Jim Laurier. Cover price $1.75.

129 (1982) some staining, light rippling on top edge $1

CRhWDF7UsAAd3nG.jpgCRhWCi6UYAE4nYy.jpg

Stories in this issue include: Marvin, The Dead-Thing: Ode to a Dead Thing by Bill DuBay and Rudy Nebres; Ms. Liberty by Rich Margopoulos and Jun Lofamia; Mercenary by Nicola Cuti and Pat Boyette; Space Force: Shipwrecked by Jean-Claude Forest and Paul Gillon; and Haggarth, Book II, part seven. Cover art by Manuel Sanjulian. Cover price $2.00.

135 rippling on top, some staining on back cover SOLD

$1

CRhWCfhVEAAQHg2.jpgCRhWCuLUkAAFZ_R.jpg

Stories in this issue include: The Spirit of the Thing; Collector's Edition; Beast Man; Blood of the Werewolf; Second Chance; Where Sorcery Lives; Thane: City of Doom; The Incredible Shrieking Man; The Fly; and Demon Sword. Each story is a reprint, and each is by Archie Goodwin and Steve Ditko. Cover art by Manuel Sanjulian. Cover price $2.50.

I also added two additional Vampirella magazines to that lot, earlier issues in better condition generally than the rest.

NIGHTMARE 2 (1972) no major issues, nice copy I couldn't find much on this issue (Volume 1 issue 2) SOLD

$4

CRhch6LW0AEqoOF.jpgCRhch-VUcAAEL2B.jpg

Scarlet Street 5 (1992) lightly banged up (I considered applying a little heat/pressure to this but have not done so, but I could no problem) $1

CRhch9KVAAABoeK.jpgCRhch8IUAAEGRfl.jpg

UNKNOWN WORLDS OF SCIENCE FICTION SOLD

These are all in pretty nice shape. They have solid spines without rippling or lumps on the square-bound ones and the earlier glossy magazines are nice and supple.

Full Set issues 1-6 light soiling but I note no tears noted $40

CRhcSy5VEAAMDps.jpgCRhcSy-UAAE8YYO.jpg

CRhcSwnWEAAuvCU.jpgCRhcSyZUwAA658m.jpg

CRhcWPHUYAASbxn.jpgCRhcWKMVEAA3weY.jpg

CRhcWIAWcAAs9FG.jpgCRhcWMSUEAAogDA.jpg

CRhcaVcUYAAelBL.jpgCRhcaF0UcAAnODv.jpg

CRhcaBMXAAA5Kqu.jpgCRhcaTWUkAA6KTQ.jpg

Extra copy of issue 5 $8

CRhcd50VAAA1pbb.jpgCRhcdxAWEAEdzxn.jpg

1976 Giant Size Special Issue $10

CRhcd86UwAEmhyQ.jpgCRhcd4TVEAIlSN4.jpg

Take them all for $50 plus s/h. That would also earn $10 credit to any of my threads until 11/15/15 for books OR s/h costs

FOOM 7 getting grade in PGM thread, then will be priced

Avengers issue (part 2). Illustrations by Dave Cockrum (4), John Byrne, and Mike Ploog. Part 2 of the "interview" with Avengers butler Jarvis. Photos of Cockrum, Gerry Conway, Steve Gerber, Jim Steranko, Tony Isabella, Len Wein, Stan Lee, Marv Wolfman, Jack Abel, Vince Colletta, Glynis Wein, Roy Thomas, Al Milgrom, Michael Kaluta, and Roger Slifer. Cartoons by Stan Lee and Marie Severin.

FOOM 13 SOLD

$8

CRh4FTwWIAACBH5.jpgCRh4FRmXIAAj8hj.jpg

CRh4FQRXAAA8eu6.jpg

Daredevil issue. Illustrations by Gene Colan (including a penciled Daredevil page for a never-published story, plus unused cover versions of Daredevil 43 and 54), Wally Wood, Marie Severin, Bob Hall, and Larry Mahlstedt. New FOOM editor Chris Claremont interviews Stan Lee and Marv Wolfman. Articles on Daredevil, Karen Page, the Black Widow, Heather Glenn, and the British editions of Marvel Comics. Daredevil checklist (issues 1-134). Bill Mantlo interviewed about Woodgod. Colan/Tom Palmer cover. Cover price $0.75.

FOOM 14 SOLD

$12

CRiHSY-W0AAIxeX.jpgCRiHQ8gWcAAvqAK.jpgCRiHQ_XWEAEfTJT.jpgCRiHQ93WsAElHhs.jpg

Conan issue. Illustrations by John Buscema, Mike Nasser/ Giordano, Marshall Rogers, Frank Thorne, and John Severin. Roy Thomas Interview. Articles about Robert E. Howard, Red Sonja, and King Kull. Archie Goodwin interview. Buscema/Tom Palmer cover.

WARREN PRESENTS LORD OF THE RINGS light tear middle front cover on outer edge, bottom right corner multiple color breaking creases I tried to get everything relevant in the photos. The book is nice and soft with strong colors throughout, including white where it should be white. $6

:takeit: add this one too :)

Foom 13-14 :takeit:

WARREN PRESENTS LORD OF THE RINGS light tear middle front cover on outer edge, bottom right corner multiple color breaking creases I tried to get everything relevant in the photos. The book is nice and soft with strong colors throughout, including white where it should be white. $6

:takeit: add this one too :)

^^ Thank you. I will PM a bit later on.

I have multiple copies of three issues of ROOK. The issues are 1, 5, and 13. I have one set that was stored away from the others and is in better condition.

ISSUE 1 After appearing in Eerie for two and a half years, The Rook gets his own magazine. Painted cover art by Richard Corben. Ads for Alien Invasion Comix and Movie Aliens Illustrated. The Original Master Of Time Part 1, -script by Bill DuBay, art by Lee Elias; Restin Dane sets out to find out what became of Adam Dane, the first master of time, and travels to the future, whilst sending Bishop Dane back to 1892 to start searching from there; Story is prefaced with a couple of paragraphs from H.G. Wells' The Time Machine (1895); It is implied that the character Herbert is Wells himself. They Came Out Of The Picadillies starring Buck Blaster And The Starbusters, -script by Nicola Cuti and Bill Dubay, pencils by Jim Janes, inks by Rudy Nebres. The Time To Be Forgotten!, -script by Bill Dubay, pencils by Jim Janes, inks by Alfredo Alcala. Untitled Bolt story, -script by Rich Margopolis, art by Alex Nino. Magazine size. 76 pgs. $1.75. Cover price $1.75.

ISSUE 5 Stories in this issue include: The Rook: Master of the World part two by Budd Lewis and Lee Elias; Viking Prince by Jose Ortiz; and Voltar part five by Will Richardson (a.k.a. Bill DuBay) and Alfredo Alcala. Cover art by Jordi Penalva. Cover price $1.75.

ISSUE 13 - Stories in this issue include: The Rook: The Dane Curse! by Budd Lewis and Luis Bermejo; The Goblin! by Bill DuBay and Lee Elias; Sherlock Holmes: A Study in Scarlet by Jim Stenstrum and Noly Panaligan (from the story by Arthur Conan Doyle); Joe Guy, America's Foremost Hero!: Air Whale Express by Jim Stenstrum and Abel Laxamana; The Fighting Armenian by Bill DuBay and Rudy Nebres; and Eagle part two by Colin Dawkins and John Severin. Cover art by Jordi Penalva. Cover price $2.00.

Set A - $6.75!

CRivjPWUcAA9qDN.jpg

CRivl1kUsAA0hL4.jpgCRivl35UcAADbc7.jpg

CRivlzRUYAAgZKm.jpgCRivjL4UEAA5JhF.jpg

CRivjRPUwAAe60v.jpgCRivjNuUEAAat1I.jpg

I will sell the other issues individually or as sets.

CRiHDbtWUAEQ8aw.jpgCRiHC3EW0AAtW4B.jpg

CRiHHToWoAAVuzT.jpg

CRiHHS1WcAAAKC6.jpgCRiHLCdWcAAqbqS.jpg

Issue 1 $1 (4 available.)

Issue 5 $1 (2 available)

Issue 13 $2 (2 available)

oh, and I just found 2 late Golden Age coverless comics stuffed in between some other things.

Batman 76 from May 1953 and what appears to be an issue of Wanted Comics but I have a hard time getting the issue # so far.

The Batman 76 is a kick!

Bettie Page picture Book sold via PM.

ELFQUEST

Issues 3, 7, & 14. These are all in pretty good condition. I think the better set could even be slabbed after a press preferably as there are some cover dings and dents but nothing that breaks color. But they all have at least some cover/back cover creases. Light soiling on issue 7s mostly. But I tried to get all it in the photos.

I have 2 copies of each of these. I have paired the better of each pair to make 2 sets. Issues 3 and 7 are 1979 2nd printings with $1.50 cover price, the 14s are first prints.

SET A The better copies $6

CRjfzLxU8AAn_3Z.jpgCRjfzNxUcAA9C1c.jpgCRjfzEgUsAAaMOK.jpgCRjiDj-UAAAAdjx.jpg

CRjfuvcUkAEY8LF.jpgCRjfuxUUcAEeRhS.jpgCRjfurZVAAA3h_J.jpgCRjfvB4UEAAbZeS.jpg

SET B, just a little lesser copies 14 has some sort of light scattered dirt on it, hard to see but you feel it. Slightly more scuffing on the issue 7 than its' pair. Issue 3 has light spine roll. $4

CRjiH9MUwAAHLsf.jpgCRjiDlPUsAAyp5E.jpg

CRjiDkiUsAAQ1vo.jpgCRjfzMfUcAA9jgz.jpg

CRjiBaLUsAA940-.jpgCRjiAbJUAAAUljN.jpg

CRjiBh6UYAA-kUo.jpgCRjiDgvVEAExia0.jpg

TAKE ALL 6 FOR $8!

THE FAWCETT COMPANION no obvious condition issues to report! SOLD VIA PM

$7

CRjruU7WoAARqWK.jpgCRjruSOWUAAoi8P.jpg

:gossip: go ahead, look this item up and you will see what a great deal this is! :makepoint:

I mean, just look at that Mary Marvel on the back cover! Classic!

I have a lot of duplicates, so here are some dupe sets.

$2 for the following lot of 5 comics, or $1.50/set if you buy 5 sets.

Voltron 1-3

Blade Runner 1-2

CRjyIQzU8AApSin.jpgCRjyXPjUkAI1bf_.jpg

You can pay $2.00 more and add on a copy of Marvel Super Special 33 Buckaroo Banzai or $3 more for Superman 400! Or add both and make it $6.25!

CRjyRADUcAA0VUl.jpgCRjyGfNVAAAvOjh.jpg

You can buy the Buckaroo Banzai Marvel Super Special 33 for $2.25.

The Voltron sets 1-3 are now $1. I also have 3 sets of the Voltron miniseries that were bagged and boarded together, so they are in better condition generally. I have those 3 put aside for $2.25 each set.

Blade Runner available for $1.50 per set of issue 1 and 2.

I will just pick out random issues from the piles to make the sets,unless a real bad one comes up (or the Voltron sets which are already made up.)

I am open to any variation of the above as well. Blade Runner 1 & 2, Banzai MSS 33, and Superman 400 for $5.50. that type of thing. Banzai MSS 33 and Superman 400 for $5. Voltron nice set, Blade Runner set and Superman 400 for $5. Let's move these dupes!

I got a few issues of WARRIOR signed by David Lloyd at NYCC last weekend. Here are three

WARRIOR 14 $3.50

s-l1600.jpg

WARRIOR 15 $3.50

s-l1600.jpg

WARRIOR 26 $2 scuffy, bottom corner creasing bend on back covwer and some interior pages

s-l1600.jpgs-l1600.jpg

Buy all 3 for $8