• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

THE MATAWAN COLLECTION - closed! Thank you everyone!

137 posts in this topic

Okay, here are my rules for this sales thread.

First unconditional :takeit: in thread OR PM (via timestamp) gets the item. Please do not edit :takeit: posts, just post again whatever concern you may have or whatever you wanted to add. S/H is $5 in CONUS no matter what or how much you buy, more elsewhere (exact s/h charge as found on the package). Returns accepted if you tell me your intention to return within 5 days of you receiving the item; return shipping paid for by the buyer unless I messed it up and then I will pay for it to be returned. No s/h charges refunded.

Accepted forms of payment are checks, money orders, and paypal.

For this thread I reserve the right to throw in something extra if I am compelled to do so, and I am going to make this offer...

For each $25 you spend in this thread you will receive $5 credit towards any of my sales threads through 11/15/15. You can even use that credit in this thread or towards s/h or whatever at any time.If you do not use it PM me and we will work something out, like a half-life or something. Buy one comic from my modern thread, I don't care...I will send it out by itself if your credit covers that..

Now until thread close 33% off listed prices, but you do not get credit for future purchases with this discount. Thread closes Thursday morning EST.

And now,without further eloquence...

For the most part these have cream/yellowing pages but are flexible and readable. They were not stored in plastic for most of their lives, that is for sure.

MAD MAGAZINE

both 54 were bagged, unlike most of the other issues of MAD. So they have better pages and such as well. $4 each

54 issues on bottom right corner

CRIBb8BVAAEXv_1.jpgCRIBb9mUAAAOj-G.jpg

54 copy B wear and small tear near staple on back cover

CRIBkW0W8AE5Ys9.jpgCRIBkWDWsAE1hoN.jpg

80 rip front cover, tears upper back cover, wear and tear generally, light soiling $1

CRH6wWxXAAAjMvH.jpgCRH6w93XAAAqbZD.jpg

84 (1964) $1

CRH6wW3WgAE9GeQ.jpgCRH6wZUWEAEbQub.jpg

87 (1964) some edge soiling on bottom right edge but otherwise a nice copy $1

CRH60OoWsAA3WG1.jpgCRH60SQWsAAHmtz.jpg

88 (1964) copy A Bagged when I got it, this one has a nice strong white on most of the front cover...the folds on the back cover are, of course, from the fold-in feature (this one has The Beatles on the staircase) $1

CRH60U1WUAARo1x.jpgCRH60aAWoAAfD9k.jpg

88 (1964) copy B staining, more on front cover, soiling and partially detached cover $1

CRH64OcXAAA5m4o.jpgCRH64XJWwAAAbZf.jpg

100 (1966) SOLD

$2

CRH64ZgWwAAYFr6.jpgCRH64asWcAEYjNy.jpg

101 light soiling on outer edge, corner creases on bottom right front cover $1

CRHj5eVUYAAaBUy.jpgCRHj5VcUkAEFIso.jpg

227 cover detached at top staple, creasing and edge wear CLAIMED

free with purchase but you must claim it

CRHj5qKVEAQBzUN.jpgCRHj5bNUwAEk0qz.jpg

WORST FROM MAD 2 (without bonus record) (1959) $2 (cheap) some staining, soiling

CRHfW1BWgAAe_2E.jpgCRHfX67W8AAywtu.jpg

WORST FROM MAD 3 (without bonus poster, it is obvious where someone ripped something out, I assume this poster inserrt) (1960) $8 some staining, soiling as well $1

CRHj-ZXUYAAq5R8.jpgCRHj-hFUcAAFPjb.jpg

WORST FROM MAD 4 WITH BONUS INSERT (This has got to be the belle of the MAD ball as far as the MAD stuff I have here. Bagged and in sweet condition with only minor soiling and light edge wear, this has the bonus comics insert included as well. So it is the best condition MAD here probably and has the awesome comics parody insert.) $15

CRIBbz6UsAAE9eG.jpgCRIBb7ZUsAAlq76.jpg

CRIBX8RUcAA55vg.jpgCRIBX6PVAAAUdcg.jpg

MAD FOLLIES 1 SEMI-COMPLETE WITH BOOK COVERS INSERT (1963) that is a surprise, nice copy with beautifully clean insert but he obviously liked one insert better than the rest as it is cut out! $10

CRHj-g3UsAA0tNV.jpgCRHj-igU8AMjcAP.jpg

These back covers are making me laugh out loud regularly.

CRHqzGSWgAE2ft5.jpgCRHqzGcWUAAVTES.jpgCRHqzCZW8AA7JtI.jpgCRHsW9-WoAE2uMz.jpg

MAD FOLLIES 2 WITH COMPLETE INSERT (copy A) insert appears complete and is not stuck to the pages at all! $6

CRHkD7DUwAAwih2.jpgCRHkD-3UAAEh1ag.jpg

CRHrOQTWUAAltXE.jpgCRHrOLPWUAE7B6h.jpgCRHrOI9WIAApzVt.jpg

MAD FOLLIES 2 WITH SEMI-COMPLETE INSERT (copy B) this insert has some stamps missing and is stuck in some spots at the bottom to the page after it. $2

CRHkECaUcAAg2dm.jpgCRHkEB4UEAA03Gs.jpg

CRHrtXYWEAEPGUm.jpgCRHrtayW8AA6eJP.jpg

MAD SPECIAL 23 (1977) free with purchase but you must claim it CLAIMED!

CRHfaMmWsAEVv-x.jpgCRHfaP8WsAE-14E.jpg

MORE TRASH FROM MAD 10 (1957) (with bonus stickers but they are basically stuck to the following page) $1

CRHfX3NWwAARWDm.jpgCRHfY_UW8AARn0B.jpg

all 3 of these are in very nice condition as well. Only light soiling but generally flat and crisp

SLAM 1 SOLD

$3

CQ-icCHWwAAEAeR.jpg

SLAM 2 SOLD

$1

CQ-iXJWWoAA1r14.jpg

SLAM 3 SOLD

$1

CQ-ib95WgAA0Xh3.jpg

THE RONALD REAGAN COLORING BOOK great condition, minor spine ticks SOLD

$1

CQ_ibKQWoAAc5Qz.jpgCQ_ibIKWcAA0A69.jpg

STAR TREK GIANT POSTER BOOK lot 1, 6-12 (1976) tremendous condition SOLD

$20

CQ9qkkNUwAAagXd.jpgCQ9qkP9UcAA8-u9.jpgCQ9qki7UcAAU5zf.jpgCQ9qkOjUEAAP9eQ.jpg ]

CQ9qpmfVEAA99V0.jpgCQ9qppjUkAArxEI.jpgCQ9qpprU8AA0of7.jpgCQ9qpkTU8AA7xUk.jpg

Here is something I came across in the accumulation distributed across my rec room!

STAR TREK GIANT POSTER BOOK lot 1, 6-12 (1976) tremendous condition $20

CQ9qkkNUwAAagXd.jpgCQ9qkP9UcAA8-u9.jpgCQ9qki7UcAAU5zf.jpgCQ9qkOjUEAAP9eQ.jpg ]

CQ9qpmfVEAA99V0.jpgCQ9qppjUkAArxEI.jpgCQ9qpprU8AA0of7.jpgCQ9qpkTU8AA7xUk.jpg

:takeit:

^^ Thank you. PM incoming.

ZIPPY QUARTERLY 1, 3, 13 condition is close to NM, certainly VF $2 each or all 3/$5

CQ9q5NwU8AAaE2c.jpgCQ9q5OfUYAAlE5B.jpg

CQ9rGWsWsAIZv9I.jpg

Batman Button Set 1 (plastic coming off as you can see) $1

CQ-ysWIW8AEcicZ.jpg

PLANET OF THE APES 20 ($3) 26 ($4), 27 ($5)

CQ9qtJ5UwAA97We.jpgCQ9qtPoUAAAdy47.jpg

CQ9yQzwUcAAhY-o.jpg

WEIRDO 2 (1981) Crumb and Bagge $7

CQ9q5gjUcAE7mFy.jpg

WEIRDO 25 (1981) Crumb and Bagge $5

CQ9q91-UcAUKtd4.jpg

MARVEL SUPER SPECIAL 36 DUNE (Sienkiewicz) some light creasing on a back corner $6

CQ9qtLRU8AAemGn.jpg

Batman Button Set 2 sealed in plastic $2

CQ-ysTBWoAEwmHF.jpg

Wolverine Collector's Pin Set sealed in plastic SOLD

$2

CQ-yuiAWwAAQQrL.jpg

Gang Bang by Wally Wood 7th printing SOLD

$5 PM for pics

GASM 1 VF/NM or better SOLD

$7

CQ_ibO9WIAAsghD.jpg

THE LAST TEMPTATION OF ALICE COOPER 1,2 LOT mild wear on outside but otherwise nice VF SOLD

$3

CRHffbMWoAA6hyH.jpCRHfaT0W8AAGGIE.jpg

LEGENDS OF BRUCE LEE 2 this is in great condition other than the yellowing of interior pages. However the centerfold is made of the same stock as the cover and is white like the cover. SOLD

$5

CRTHAkNUEAAOab_.jpgCRTHAqSUkAAGvZX.jpg

CRTHAgOUEAA60gi.jpg

The Spirit Collector's Comic Set - reprints of The Spirit newspaper sections (it says ten but they must have been multi-part as there are more than ten. In fact there are twenty.) SOLD VIA PM

$18

CQ-bEaKXAAEfD5M.jpg

CQ-elZPWUAAhHu4.jpg

CQ-eip5XAAA23FG.jpg

CQ-fF0ZWIAAXqt5.jpg

Lee Marrs' The Further Fattening Adventures of Pudge Girl Blimp 1

$1 light corner dings but nice condition overall

CQ-iiqWWcAEfPJ3.jpg

Cheech Wizard Schizophrenia 1st printing condition issues on the corners and some wear free with purchase but you must claim it

CQ-iimMXAAIns3-.jpgCQ-iozBWwAQM0PV.jpg

Betty Page 3D Picture Book still sealed in original plastic SOLD

$15sold for $12.50

CQ-pUA4WcAANbbf.jpg

PM for adult image back cover

WARREN PRESENTS LORD OF THE RINGS light tear middle front cover on outer edge, bottom right corner multiple color breaking creases I tried to get everything relevant in the photos. The book is nice and soft with strong colors throughout, including white where it should be white. SOLD

$6

CQ_iVdJWsAA1GOu.jpgCQ_iSz4W8AAIfqD.jpg

CQ_iShuW8AAFWQA.jpgCQ_iSv1WcAAwQok.jpgCQ_iSoYXAAAqYdj.jpgCQ_iVXCWUAApWm2.jpgCQ_iVXbWoAAMnzC.jpg

These two both lookparticularly fun, so I thought I would list them now rather than wait to see if they fit in with anything else.

SCREEN THRILLS ILLUSTRATED 7 (1963) $2

CQ_RszlWEAEo-ry.jpg

ON THE SCENE PRESENTS SUPER HEROES $2

CQ9q95uUAAA9GyD.jpg